Plugin Contributions

Default Lost All Access - WEIRD - I didn't update my configure.php files on new server

Hi,

I was in the admin section today updating soe products and i stepped away from the computer went to log back into admin and it said username and password wrong. I went to my website and it was reverted back to the original install of zencart 1.2.6d and it wont let me login to admin area or click on forgot password. I can see all my files through FTP, but i really dont know what happened and i am losing business every minute.

Can someone please help? www.hometownfashions.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Lost All Access - WEIRD

Have you talked to your host? It sounds like they may have restored an old back up.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Talk to your web hosting company.
    It sounds like your database may have been restored from old backup?

2. I see that your zc_install folder still on the server.
    Someone could have re-installed Zen Cart on you ... but ONLY if they knew your database name and password.
    The zc_install folder should have been deleted by you after installation... for this very reason.

3. I hope you have been making backups so that you can restore your site back to normal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I know what i did. I cant believe it. I installed zencart on my other website server and pointed the database to this MySql, which in turn overwrote my current Mysql

I wish there was an easy solution

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hometownf
    I wish there was an easy solution

Backups !!

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I would have backed up if the backup module worked!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hometownf
    I would have backed up if the backup module worked!!
    Good backups are the responsibility of each site owner. There are several resources for making backups, including things like:

- Your hosting control panel may have a Backup option
    - You can use your FTP program to copy files from your server to your PC for backups
    - phpMyAdmin is usually provided by your host, with which to make database backups, etc.
    - there is a database-backup-addon that you can use to do backups from within the Zen Cart admin area, provided your hosting server is compatible with the technical requirements for it to work (accessible here)
    - there are also some good guides for doing backups in the FAQ's and wiki areas. Here's one:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/LocalCopySite

Since this is no longer a hack-attempt-related issue, this post is being moved to General Questions area.