Plugin Contributions

Default Wishful thinking I know, but....

I'm was just put in a position to watch over a store that is currently running the Cube Cart store module. After a good amount of minutes trying to modify this thing, it has come to my attention that Cube Cart sucks. So...I'm considering a switch, but, since everything is already present in the Cube Cart store, I'm curious if there is any method to ease the transition.

Maybe a script that automates it? (transferring over store products and info...everything in the MYSQL database)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wishful thinking I know, but....

We are here at ZenCart and it is the best Cart around, especially as it will handle many products.

Cube cart is not as full featured but if one has only a few products it is sufficient.

The DB's are not close to identical with the information contained or the format, you could look at ezpopulate and try exporting the information from the CubeCart DB in a format that you can then pass through ezpopulate then to the ZenCart DB. Or there are commercial products to do these things.

No auto script
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wishful thinking I know, but....

Thanks for the info...I've been making steady progress simply manually juggling the data from my last cart and reformating in excel to work in zen. Then I use phpmyadmin to import the data to the Zen mysql database.

It's not without its bugs though, as for some reason it only seems to want me to upload about 200-500 records at one time. Also, the fields need to be delimited with a comma (Using csv files), and I'm having trouble figuring how to format the product descriptions as those involve many commas in themselves.

I looked into the ezpopulate, but the method it uses to format its fields may not work either. For instance, for the category field it demands the plain text name of the category...while the data I have to work with simply uses ID codes to corrolate the products-to-categories.

Not too sure why I'm reporting this all to you guys, I probably just needed a break. Any more suggestions for the above problems would be much appreciated. Thanks!