Plugin Contributions

Default Upgraded to 1.3.0.2 but lost everything...

I hope there is a simple fix for what I have done...

My upgrade stated with 1.3.0.1.

First I backed up my DB and Store...

I dowloaded the 1.3.0.2 patch, expanded it and copied the files onto the site.

I then went to my store and typed in zc_install/index.php at the end and went through all the steps to end up with a totally new store... none of my products, mods, etc. nothing...

I have checked and everything seems to be there on the server. What do I do now?

Thanks!

http://store.globalpeace.jp/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded to 1.3.0.2 but lost everything...

I did the same thing at first, Instead of INSTALL you only need to upgrade database. I relaoded my backups and re-did the upgrade and it worked perfectly.

Andrea
    www.sssoaps.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

Re: Upgraded to 1.3.0.2 but lost everything...

Thank you Andrea!

Well, I have been going through the forums and found your posts and that that we are not the only people to press the Install button, as, after all, at the very top of the window, does it not say:

Take a moment to check whether your webserver supports the features required for Zen Cart™ to operate. *Please resolve any errors or warnings before continuing. *Then click on Install * to continue.

I just followed the instructions, as I am sure many others are going to do and end up in the same situation.

I hope that someone will amend the instructions to include some simple warnings AT THE TOP of the page, and RIGHT ABOVE those damm little buttons...

This needs to be done, immediately, IMHO! The next ‘patch’ needs this change very seriously!

Anyway, I am trying to restore my database and am getting the following error. If anyone has any ideas, please get back to me.

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
    -- version 2.6.4-pl2
    -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
    --
    -- Host: localhost
    -- Generation Time: Jun 28, 2006 at 04:14 AM
    -- Server version: 4.1.19
    -- PHP Version: 4.3.11
    --
    -- Database: `globalpe_zc1`
    --
    -- --------------------------------------------------------
    --
    -- Table structure for table `zen_address_book`
    --
    CREATE TABLE `zen_address_book` (
    `address_book_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `customers_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `entry_gender` char( 1 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_company` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,
    `entry_firstname` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_lastname` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_street_address` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_suburb` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,
    `entry_postcode` varchar( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_city` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `entry_state` varchar( 32 ) default NULL ,
    `entry_country_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    `entry_zone_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `address_book_id` ) ,
    KEY `idx_address_book_customers_id_zen` ( `customers_id` )
    ) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT =1

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

The instructions for clicking Upgrade rather than Install are not on the screen, but they are included in Item 3. Testing, on page 3 of the 5 page document in your docs folder that is part of the download from your original install. The FAQ directs users to this file when they are planning to do the upgrade.

Sometimes the necessary information isn't right out front, and maybe it should be, but at least it is there if you dig through all the stuff.

I'm still trying to read it all and make a list of all the steps I need to complete before doing my own upgrade. I hope to get through it without problems, but I see that quite a few people are encountering some glitches.

Good luck with getting your database correctly installed. I'll be watching the posts here to try and avoid the same problems.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

This is upgrade process is definitely not very Zen if you ask me... (I don’t know if my living in Japan qualifies me to make such a definition of Zen...)

Shouldn’t there be some kind of warning when you click on that delightful Install button, like:

‘Hey bro/sis, if you are in the process of doing an incremental upgrade, by pressing the Continue button you will permanently delete and/or overwrite your existing database.

Remember the hundreds of hours you spent on fine tuning that little baby? Think carefully before you press that button or you may find yourself praying to the great Zen master above for mercy for the mistake you made...

If you are installing Zen-Cart for the first time, clicking on the Continue button will not be a problem..

If you are doing an incremental upgrade, do yourself a serious favor and click on the Cancel button to return to the previous window. In that window click on the... etc. etc.

---------

Anyway, now I am trying to restore my database... I have managed to get the database restored on the server... I then go through the installation process but get stuck at the Database Setup page... I fill in the Database Username, Password, Database name and then click on the Save Database Settings button... I then get the following message:

1146 Table 'globalpe_zc1.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [update configuration set configuration_value='/home/globalpe/public_html/store/cache' where configuration_key='SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY']

Perhaps my backup was not done correctly?

Any help would be deeply appreciated... I spent an awful lot of time on that database.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Freak
    I have managed to get the database restored on the server... I then go through the installation process but get stuck at the Database Setup page... I fill in the Database Username, Password, Database name and then click on the Save Database Settings button... I then get the following message:

1146 Table 'globalpe_zc1.configuration' doesn't exist
    in:
    [update configuration set configuration_value='/home/globalpe/public_html/store/cache' where configuration_key='SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY']
    What are the contents of your /includes/configure.php at this point? (without password)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte,

After I read your question, I checked for differences between the current configure.php that was on the server and with the backup I had on my hard disk. They were slightly different...

Here is the the bit at the end that was on the server and not working:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db'

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/globalpe/public_html/store/cache');

?>

and here is the backup...

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db'

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'database');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/globalpe/public_html/english/store/cache');

?>

I made a copy of the one on the server, then uploaded the backup I already had and now my site is up, running and upgraded...

So I must give you a very big domo arigato gozaimasu...

But I have one further question. My store used to be in a different location on my site. It was in a folder: globalpeace.jp/engligh/store

Now it is in a subdomain http://store.globalpeace.jp

On this line:

the cache is still being stored in the old location... Though I guess it does not make too much difference, I would like to have everything pointing to the new location so that at some future time this slight yet perhaps important discrepancy does not cause a problem...

So the question is, how do I change the cache location to what I guess it should be, which is:

Once again a very big Zen domo arigato gozaimasu...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

vs
    That folder can be anywhere in your hosting account files ... as long as the path specified is valid, and the "cache" folder is CHMOD 777 (read/write by all)

So, if you "might" delete the "english" folder one day, then you should likely switch it all to use the path without english in it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your quick response... I figured it would be better to ask.

You are certainly on the ball, having replied to my feedback suggestion as well... What makes Zen great is the support and the desire to make it better! With such good support, it is only natural to want to contribute in some way too, if only with suggestions.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here's hoping your store meets with good success!