Thread: Google Checkout

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout

Man, I hate to bring this topic back from the grave, but does anyone know if google integration within Zen is complete, and if so, how to integrate it?

And where the heck would I start? I am just now digging into integrating the payment modules and was thinking about going with google's first. Anyone have a walkthrough on this?

Thanks.

BH

Plugin Contributions

Bah, didn't see an edit button, so sorry about this.

Just found it in the downloads area.

Thanks anyways.

Still wouldn't mind getting a decent walkthrough on integrating modules. I'm sure there's some around, I'll have to keep looking.

BH

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat View Post
    Bah, didn't see an edit button, so sorry about this.

Just found it in the downloads area.

Thanks anyways.

Still wouldn't mind getting a decent walkthrough on integrating modules. I'm sure there's some around, I'll have to keep looking.

BH
    GC thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47318 :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Couple of Things I have Learned About Google Checkout

This is my own unique experience with Google Checkout. You may or may not be having the same issues and came up with the same solutions as me, but in the event that you are stuck, this is what I have learned.

1. The only checkout option I give my customers is Google Checkout. I removed the normal Checkout option because too many customers found it confusing that if they clicked the normal checkout button they couldn't then checkout through Google. Of course, Google is the only credit card processing service I offer and it works well for me. I have been strictly using Google Checkout for a month now and so far no problems. Since Google Checkout isn't charging any fees until 2008, this is also the most cost effective solution for me.

2. The shipping integration has just never seemed to work right, therefore, I decided to just charge a flat shipping fee and flat handling fee per item. I disabled all other shipping options including Free Shipping and this seems to work. I would like to, at some point, integrate with USPS and have it calculate correctly in Google Checkout, but right now it just doesn't seem to work right.

3. I've never had any problems with my sales tax. They seem to calculate correctly in Google Checkout. I do not like, however, how Google adds the sales tax to the price of the item and then in small font says THIS INCLUDES 8.25% SALES TAX. I think the Sales Tax should be a separate line item like Shipping and Handling.

4. I also wish that I didn't have to enter my coupon codes separatley in Google Checkout. This means if I want to offer a new coupon, I have to add it in Zen Cart and then add it in Google Checkout. Seems like my customers could just enter it before Checkout and it pass through to Google Checkout.

Don't know if this info will come in handy to anyone, but if you have a question, feel free to email me using the form on my site.

Thanks

www.infaithwear.com

INSPIRE CHANGE...
    Jennifer

www.infaithwear.com

Inspire Change...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Couple of Things I have Learned About Google Checkout

Quote Originally Posted by jnetmcp View Post
    This is my own unique experience with Google Checkout. .
    Jennifer,

This thread has been abandoned. You're better off posting for now to the current thread at "Google Checkout module for Zen Cart (beta)"
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47318

Your statements are valid. Some of the issues are with the mod and others with the Google Checkout API.

So do consider posting your concerns to Google' Google Checkout Merchant and Developer forums.

Woody

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011