Thread: How to upgrade

Plugin Contributions

Default How to upgrade

After reading as much of the upgrade instructions as I could before throwing my computer out the window, I have found that if what the instructions say is true about having to literally pick the code from one particular zencart php file and integrating it into another, then the whole zencart experience has been a waste of time. However! I have a little faith in the ONLY shopping cart that I have ever used and spend countless hours learning the filing system. I would assume that I am over reacting and that the upgrade is nothing more than moving some new files over and replacing the older ones...
    How exactly DO you upgrade? Changing the code in certain files CANNOT be the way for I am a reseller with average code knowledge. If I have to spend a few days on a shopping cart upgrade ever so often then this is definately not for the E-tailer with vision. Please advise.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to upgrade

1st - MAKE backup of all ur shop include - Zencart files and Database (from phpmyadmin) choose ur database select all tables then save it into Gzip file.

2 change premmisions to includes/configure.php (to have write premision in case 777)
    3 copy changed files only to your zencart folder.
    4 run yourshop.com/zc_install
    5 choose when its come time Upgrade database

and follow the instruction
    its always good idea to make backup becouse its may save your work for a mounth or what ever time its tooked to you

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply. If I just copy over the folders it will erase my html code in those files and I'll lose my design.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply. If I just copy over the folders it will erase my html code in those files and I'll lose my design.
    Exactly- and this is the reason to create your own Custom Template override directories. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.ph...late_customize