Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Soft round corners -2.... Where to put the CODE???

Hi, i have a friend who helping me with a new layout but his problems is to find were to add some code. He knows NOTHING about ZC but ALL about php--

We want something like this sketch and have also figurate were to put some code by our self, see at the pictures below.

We would really appreciate if someone could point out were to look/change to make ZC to look like our sketch.

Sketch

And this is what we done till now....
    Last edited by PeterBKK; 4 Jul 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Soft round corners -2.... Where to put the CODE???

Anyone

Plugin Contributions

If you have these as images and can slice them up, you can create and controll this from the stylesheet.css file.

For an example, get the future zen template in the downloads area. This has thebasic css code required and what you need to do is provide the correct image and name. Then style it with margins, background colors, padding etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that is exactly what we have done and also messed little with tpl_box_default_right.php and tpl_box_default_left.php.

But where to make changes to make the white big center square ???? I know nothing about php ccs… And he does not have the time to ask questions here (holydays ) so he helps me if i can find the in formations he needs…

Not easy for me and for sure, not easy to answer for you.

I have the "bits" but a lazy friend

Thanks/
    Peter

Plugin Contributions

If you have the future zen template css find the entry for the title_bg.gif and alter this with your image, and if you want a vertical repeat etc
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

You would need to edit the CSS for the .centerColumn the easiest way to get which files exactly is to do a search for that element in admin/tools/developers toolkit. I believe ( don't quote me ) you might have to change a few template pages not just one to get the "effect" on all pages; But I know that would be a good start.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Kobra is pointing you in the right direction, but there's a key piece of information that we can't really tell from your screenshot and that's whether your layout is fixed width or has some degree of horizontal liquidity.

If it's fixed width the task is much easier and you wouldn't have any need to mess with the tpl_box_default_right.php and tpl_box_default_left.php. You would however need to insert some additional divs into tpl_main_page.php. Specifically 2 each around the main layout table and just inside the centercolumn table cell. Other than that it's background images in CSS using the sliding doors method.

BTW. Kobra is right that the futureZen template is the closest thing to this currently and points the way on some aspects, but it doesn't use the sliding doors method which is the best way to do this. So time to bite the bullet methinks. future Zen v1.2 will be along within the next couple of hours demonstrating this superior approach to background images.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hehe - Thanks guys for your wisdom. Kuroi, i'm looking forwards to see you demonstrating Future-Zen's potential

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBKK
    Hehe - Thanks guys for your wisdom. Kuroi, i'm looking forwards to see you demonstrating Future-Zen's potential
    Apologies, it took longer than planned after my 3 year decided to help. However, she's now in bed and the new version is awaiting approval in the downloads section.

I'd been meaning to make these changes for some time since the sliding doors method is rather more flexible than that which I originally used for future Zen. It's also the right method for your design and, together with my earlier comment, will hopefully show you everything you need to achieve your design.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Sliding doors methods
    I have no idea what you ate talking about but i hope my php-friend does

Should we use your new FZ as a base? The shop can have a "fix" design with the same wideness as the Classis shop (760px).

I have never seen any ZC-shop with a picture behind the "shop area"... Is it possible?? For us it is not necessary as we only need to visualizing the frame around it. Or??? I ask because I planed to have a very light grey portrait like a “watermark” in the background.

Its hard for me to ask the right questions. I just know how i want it to look.

Note: The shop is going to wholesale baby clothes and accessories to stores and other wholesalers.

Anyone here who can help me to do this design?? I already have the squares (MM-fireworks). I can pay for it but not to much. I hade planed to open the shop now on friday but starts to get worried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast