Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sophy Blue Template

I am starting over from scratch and creating an all new catalog. I thought it would be nice to go with this template, however I wanted to make a few modifications.

I wanted to change the fix width of the shop to either 100% (fluid) or at least a fixed with of 800px. I modified the header image to be 800px and everything was fine until I clicked on "Advanced Search" which basically squished all the search page boxes into an unpleasant looking layout and created a white vertical line about 50px wide between the right side boxes and the page background. At 750 everything works fine. Any instructions on what all would need to be altered (besides the header image which I have in both sizes now) to make the transition smooth across the whole site?

I have the width set to 750 currently, so you can't see what I am talking about, but here's the link anyhow:

www.JeriSigns.com/store/

Plugin Contributions

Okay, it's set back to 800px now...I figured out that it needed .CenterColumn {width: 100%;} but now the info on the Advanced search page is bleeding over into the right column. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Got it! Just changed .CenterColumn width from 100% to 95%. Sorry for all the posts, but in case anyone else wants to alter the width they may run into the same issues.

Plugin Contributions

Good to know...you site is looking good.

If you want a custom background (instead of the ivory one), let me know by the email of the readme file.

Have fun!
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

I'm a VERY new Zenner and I've installed and activated the Sophy Blue template and LOVE it. However, I'm really struggling with a couple of things. My site is here.

1. I would like my logo image to be larger, but I can't seem to make the background image for the header any longer, so it looks funny when I make the logo larger. Is there a way to lengthen this ivory box with the fading blue border?

2. I want to make the text "MimKnits.com Online Store" in the header larger, but I've tried changing EVERY CSS and header php file I can find and I can't find where to change this. Am I missing something or is this not changable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mim

Plugin Contributions

1. I would like my logo image to be larger, but I can't seem to make the background image for the header any longer, so it looks funny when I make the logo larger. Is there a way to lengthen this ivory box with the fading blue border?
    To change the header background image, you have to edit the header.gif image in your template images folder. Then locate your header section on your css file and edit to the desired height:
    PHP Code:
    .header {

background-imageurl(../images/header.gif);

height125px;

background-repeatno-repeat;

padding15px;

2. I want to make the text "MimKnits.com Online Store" in the header larger, but I've tried changing EVERY CSS and header php file I can find and I can't find where to change this. Am I missing something or is this not changable?
    To edit your tagline text, edit your css file:
    PHP Code:
    #tagline {

color:#000000;

font-size10px;

text-align center;

vertical-alignmiddle;
      } 
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

There seems to be rendering problem in Firefox with the category links that are part of the header, below the image area.

In IE the gray box where the category links appear is expanded to show all lines. Then the bar with 'EZ Pages :: Privacy Notice :: etc" appears correctly below.

In Firefox the gray box where category links appear does not expand to show multiple lines. Seems to have a problem even if there is only one line of category links, too little space between it and the "EZ Pages " bar.

Any way to fix this?

I'd actually be happy to remove both that category link box and the link bar below it. Sorry, I'm a newbie to Zencart, any easy way to do that?

Thanks, and thanks very much for this excellent free template,

Herb

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hsitz
    There seems to be rendering problem in Firefox . . .
    In checking a little more, looks like the rendering problem exists in v. 1 of Firefox but not in v.1.5 .

I'd still like to get rid of the gray category box below header and the 'EZ Pages . . ." bar below it, if anyone can help me witht that .

Thanks,

Herb

Plugin Contributions

The sound like the navCatTabs bar and the EZ-Pages Header bar respectively. They can be turned off via Admin > Configuration > Layout Settings and Admin > Configuration > EZ-Pages Settings
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

To edit your tagline text, edit your css file:
    PHP Code:
    #tagline {

color:#000000;

font-size10px;

text-align center;

vertical-alignmiddle;
      } 

Thanks Ideagirl, I got the header image changed, but I still can't get the text for my tagline to increase in size. I changed it in the css file for the sophyblue template and in the template-defaults folder as well, but still no go. Is there something I'm missing?

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast