Plugin Contributions

Default Template breakup on refresh / link

Not sure if im posting in right forum but this problem is driving me nuts!!

If i pull up zend It looks fine , once i click on a link or refresh the page blows aprt by about 2-3 pixels

but if i copy that url and paste in to a new browser window it looks fine again untill there is a request made

here is the page

http://2006.buffalojills.net/calendar/

any recommendations would be helpfull, i've tried what i would consider everything but still im missing something between first and second page load??

Thanks
    Mike Z

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template breakup on refresh / link

I actually did not see the page "blow apart"...

I did notice that you are using zencart ver 1.3.x but have comitted the no-no of basing your "new" site on the combination style that uses 2 css styly sheets: new and original.

This was only intended to assist in upgrading from the previous versions. The 2 stlyesheets cause many problems as they process in order and some things set in one are overriden by settings in the other.

Search here for template_default and you will find many suggestions against using the combination classis template and recommendations to create a custom template based on the template_default fileset. This will be well worth you while now and in the future.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I'm afriad that your site has some fairly serious structural issues. It looks as though you have pasted part of a site, including document headings, developed elsewhere into Zen Cart's tpl_main_page or tpl_header file, forcing stuff into the <body> tag that simply shouldn't be there. It's a credit to the browsers that they can make sense of this at all, and means that trying to answer your specific question is bit pointless, as it's likely that your page will simply break elsewhere instead.

As you need to revise the structure of your site anyway, I would strongly support Kobra's advice and learn how to harness the power of the template_default. There are lots of people here who will be willing to help you (and will find it easier to do so if you follow this route).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I will get to work on switching over to the default template, thanks for pointing this out to me , it didnt really make much sense that there were 2 stylsheets when i saw them but now i know why.

Thanks
    Mike z