Plugin Contributions

Default Database version - how to check, 1.3.0.1 -> 1.3.0.2?

In the process of upgrading to 1.3.0.2, I got a message in the install script that "Database appears to be Zen Cart v1.3.0".

1. Can I manually check this?

2. If it is 1.3.0, should I update to 1.3.0.1 first (by running zc_install from 1.3.0.1)?

I'm pretty sure the whole store was set up by a fresh 1.3.0.1 install, so I'm surprised by the message given. Any input appreciated.

Update: with the 1.3.0.2 files in place, but before upgrading the database I ran the Server Info (not sure if I'm supposed to...):

Zen Cart 1.3.0.2
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.1
    v1.3.0.1 [2006-05-12 23:31:59] (Fresh Installation)

So...

3. Could it be that the upgrade script reporting an incorrect database version?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database version - how to check, 1.3.0.1 -> 1.3.0.2?

If you loaded the Full Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 ... you can Upgrade your database from both v1.3.0 and v1.3.0.1 ...

Sounds like you may not have had a complete upgrade from v1.3 to v1.3.0.1 ...

Be sure to backup your database and website before attempting to upgrade ...

NOTE: a test directory and test database is often helpful to know just what will happen *before* attempting to upgrade a Live site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    Sounds like you may not have had a complete upgrade from v1.3 to v1.3.0.1 ...
    Hmmm, the Server Info say it is a fresh install, which I'm pretty sure it is. Is there any way I can check if the database actually is 1.3.0.1 or 1.3.0 (don't know which the changes were)? The install script say 1.3.0, but Server Info 1.3.0.1...

Plugin Contributions

Have you changed anything of worth on this installation?

If not, how about getting the Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 Full version from here ...

Delete what ever you have for Zen Cart on your website ...

Load the files to your site ...

Drop the tables from your database ...

Run the /zc_install and run the Install ...

This way you are using the most recent version with all of the fixes ...

Or, if you have made changes of worth ... what kind of changes have you made?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, everything is done by templete override so that bit would be ok with some work. Products, settings (tax, zones, shipping etc) would be lost I guess (unless I use EP).

Really, everything seems fine, and I'd like to know if anyone has seen the install script report a different version from Server Info.

Even though, a fresh start is always good :-)

Plugin Contributions

I went ahead and upgraded the database 1.3.0. -> 1.3.0.1 and 1.3.0.1 -> 1.3.0.2, and got these errors:

SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "UPLOAD_PREFIX" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "TEXT_PREFIX" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "MAX_META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "MAX_META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_LENGTH" because it already exists

After the upgrade I have in Server Info:

Zen Cart 1.3.0.2
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.2
    v1.3.0.1 [2006-07-02 22:19:30] (Version Update 1.3.0->1.3.0.1)

Purely out of curiousity, it would be interesting to know if anyone can say what the errors indicate.

Plugin Contributions

If you peek in your database tables, more than likely you will find these records already in the table ...

If that is the case you should be fine ...
    Linda McGrath