Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: International Shipping

The easiest way is to make two Zone Definitions ... one for the US and the other for the Rest of the World ...

This FAQ should help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=409

Then clone the Item Rate item shipping module ... search on:
    clone item
    clone flat

for examples ... and add the Zone Definition needed to each one with the rate per item that you want to charge ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response. So, if I understand correctly, from the link you supplied, there is code. I copy that in SQL Query Executor?

Plugin Contributions

That FAQ has SQL code that can be used for various Zone Definitions ... if one can work for you then copy it either into the SQL via phpMyAdmin or into the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ... of your Zen Cart Admin to make those Zone Definitions ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I was hoping for a little help. I tried the sql you had posted and it now says that "system setup is required." I can't access anything from my page and it wants me to install zencart...which is odd because I've spent about 40 hours getting my page up and running. My friend said he backed up the page but I'm hoping there's a way to fix it on my end. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind...for some reason the problem went away on it's own. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Twice now I have had orders from international buyers who managed somehow to choose the domestic USA rate for shipping instead of the international rate for their country. I know they have to specify their country for a shipping destination before the order. Why doesn't the cart "lock in" the appropriate shipping rate and not give them a choice for anything else, like the cheaper US rate? Do I not have some settings right? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The easiest way is to make two Zone Definitions ... one for the US and the other for the Rest of the World ...

This FAQ should help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=409

Then clone the Item Rate item shipping module ... search on:
    clone item
    clone flat

for examples ... and add the Zone Definition needed to each one with the rate per item that you want to charge ...
    First off would like to say Great Info in here.
    For the most part I have someone that has done a Great job setting me up, also has done 2 Upgrades... just Today she finished my 1.5 Upgrade, replaced a sliders, changed a banner and she has Always been there for me when I have questions or problems.
    Of course I go over my budget 80% of the time. Anyway she's Great ! and knows her Zencart

Ok, now that I got that out of the way. I want to start learning some of this Zencart stuff.

Here's what I have and I will tell you what I need, so maybe you can point in the right direction .

Modules Sort Order Action
    Flat Rate flat 0
    Free Shipping Options freeoptions 0
    FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper 0
    Per Item item
    Per Unit perweightunit
    Store Pickup storepickup 0
    Table Rate table
    Zone Rates zones

I use Flat rate which is currently for U.S Only, but have been getting a few International's lately.
    So the only modules I have going are the Flat Rate, Free Shipping Options, Free Shipping and for whatever reason, Store Pick-up.

I want to have a Flat Rate for the U.S ( which I already have ) and I need a Flat rate for International.
    I see you talk about Cloning Modules, which I guess is just a Copy ? How do I do this ? Where do I do this ?
    and would it just be better to make a Zone for the U.S and one for everywhere else ? than doing a Flat rate for both ?

Hope I'm making some sense.

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Thanks Linda, but where do I use these code ??
    As of now I found your Zone codes easier... Maybe I just need to re-read the two threads.

Plugin Contributions

Read post #2 of the second link I gave and it gives step by step how to create new files for cloning Flat Rate flat to Flat Rate One flatone ...

See if that doesn't step you through the cloning process ...

Then, add your Zone Definitions to the shipping modules to make it available for the US or International ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast