Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Hi Peter,

Quote Originally Posted by petegraaf View Post
    at some point between end of July and yesterday when the shop went live) and transactions were timing out (but still showing up in the VSP Admin screen) so customers were shown the "There is a technical problem contacting the payment gateway" message and the transactions were failing even though they were charged by Protx.
    This problem isn't anything to do with the module or Protx as far as I can see but is a problem with your server.

The fact that this problem happened when you switched the shop live should send off alarm bells... the new server clearly isn't working properly!

I'm not sure what the exact problem is but, as you've noted, cURL is failing so your server is somehow unable to talk to, or receive information from, Protx properly.

The debugging to be done for your shop is to determine what is wrong with your server's cURL set up... none of the Protx settings or Zen Cart settings will have any effect, so there's no point wasting any time changing any.

As you can see from the source of the module, there are various options which can be changed for cURL:

PHP Code:
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_URL$url);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_HEADER0);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_POST1);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_POSTFIELDS$data);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_TIMEOUT60);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST1);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER0);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_DNS_USE_GLOBAL_CACHE0);

curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1); 
    You've tried changing the timeout option, so that isn't it. What happens if you disable VERIFYHOST checking? (set it to 0).

It might be best to reply privately about this as this information is probably of no use to anyone else as this is an issue specific to your server.

Hopefully we can get this sorted soon!

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Hello Please could you advise me?

I have zen v 1.3.7 and have just installed Drect2.2.2.

When I enable the module in the admin section, I do not see the Direct option come up under my payment methods.

I do have Protx Form loaded along with Checl/Money order, both of these are there, along with any other that I enable, except for Dircet.

I have tried to load it twice, and have Crypt loaded succesfully.

Thank you

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hello

One of my client is having a nightmare with the 3d Secure aspect of this module - users are getting the following error when they use the system - can anyone shed any light?

https://domain.com/index.php?main_pa...62a1617b0cd9d9

Thanks

Andy

Plugin Contributions

I should have mentioned above that this is the URL which is causing a 404 on Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Conor.
    Hope your recovering well and some things ie you are more important so take it easy

ANd onto my problem/ question
    The side box is too wide with the images and affects my layout when i turn it on
    Also when a customer has an error, say a post code check fail, it shows 'error 2001, blocked by rule etc'
    Can i make it say whats wrong ie address, cvv etc or a more friendly message.

Many Thanks All

Plugin Contributions

Just an FYI ...

If you get this (or a similar) error after installing the Protx mod:

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /<my server root path>/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 229
    Then run the SQL in this bug fix and see if it helps:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56436

The Protx mod adds c. 66 records to the configuration table in the database, and (like some shipping mods which can also add a lot of records) may trigger the bug if you haven't already increased the size of that cache field.

The bug is present in all versions of zen cart up to (and including) v1.3.7.
    Last edited by Pixxi; 27 Aug 2007 at 05:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Pixxi,

Quote Originally Posted by Pixxi View Post
    Just an FYI ...

If you get this (or a similar) error after installing the Protx mod:
    That's great to know as it had affected a few people in the past and I had to tell them to disable the SQL caching. It's good to know the reason behind this failure and subsequently the proper method of fixing the problem!

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Protx VSP Direct v2.0.0

Hi James,

Quote Originally Posted by jameswilson View Post
    Conor.
    Hope your recovering well and some things ie you are more important so take it easy
    Thanks, things are going well enough now that I'm able to do some work once again. (Is that good? ;) )

ANd onto my problem/ question
    The side box is too wide with the images and affects my layout when i turn it on
    I'm afraid you must have very, very narrow side columns then! The sidebox as shipped with the module fits easily within Zen Cart's standard template and even better within more modern, non-fixed with templates. You can adjust the code in the template or your CSS to make it fit better with your layout but I'm afraid there's nothing else I can do for you in this regard!

Also when a customer has an error, say a post code check fail, it shows 'error 2001, blocked by rule etc'
    Can i make it say whats wrong ie address, cvv etc or a more friendly message.
    You could introduce some code to check the error message returned by Protx and output a friendlier message. The module has code in it to selectively output custom messages based on what is returned but what is output is at the limit, as I found it, of reliability in terms of what messages could be mapped to Protx's responses. Unfortunately Protx's documentation actually says that the messages are subject to change and they have no published list of what messages to expect so I've done the best I can to make the messages as informative to the customer as possible.

Now that many of Protx's responses have introduced codes it is indeed possible to output even nicer messages but because these codes haven't been deemed to be permanent I can't program the module to react to them. I've no idea when they are likely to change and therefore any changes at Protx's end could result in the module failing for all those that use it. If you are coding the messages to respond more specifically that's fine for your own site but I hope you can understand that, having to support everyone's standard installation of the module, I don't have the flexibility to take that risk.

I'm happy to tell you what part of the code to change to adapt to the different responses if you like, just contact me via the contact form on our website.

Plugin Contributions

Glad your feeling better mate.
    We are using v3 of the module if that makes any odds

I can appriciate that you need to cover all carts not just ours lol.
    I think that if you think its best not to do this that is good enough for me and ill leave it alone.

Re the sidebox, we are using the default template (long story) so we have std width columns. Im wondering if id be better to add a footer instead rather than the side box, id like to shout about the vbv and mcsc

Plugin Contributions

Hi James,

Glad your feeling better mate.

I can appriciate that you need to cover all carts not just ours lol.
    I think that if you think its best not to do this that is good enough for me and ill leave it alone.
    I actually think it's a good idea as it should make any error messages easier to follow but, as I said, you'll have to add some custom coding to the module's sourcecode.

Re the sidebox, we are using the default template (long story) so we have std width columns. Im wondering if id be better to add a footer instead rather than the side box, id like to shout about the vbv and mcsc
    The images should fit inside the standard template's columns, have you forgotten to add the CSS styles for the images to your stylesheet?

If you want to display the sidebox somewhere else, e.g. the bottom of the page, you can modify the template's source and use CSS to position the entire box...

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast