Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Pricelist For Printing

The Pricelist for printing contribution is as good as ready.

Main features are:
    • Enables easy page printing
    • a4 portrait stylesheet included
    • a4 landscape stylesheet included
    • easy number of rows and columns setting (admin)
    • printing controlled by css
    • select product info to print through admin (manufacturer, model, weight etc)
    • prices including and excluding tax
    • special prices
    • profiles switchable through admin and url
    • profiles configurable through admin
    • extra notes fields (optional)
    • and more?!

Sounds great? B)
    There is a downside: I don't know all about zen-cart yet and this price-list has a lot of new features compared to the "old" osC version, so I hope someone will volunteer to beta test before it's uploaded. So send me a PM if you want to help (but never for free personal support).

If I don't find a beta tester, it will be uploaded within a couple of days too, but there will probably be a few more bugs and alike issues then.

Plugin Contributions

Uploaded yesterday, just waiting for approval.

Demo (probably temporary):
    http://www.televisiedokter.nl/zencart/inde..._page=pricelist

Unfortunately there are some problems with some of zen's special pricing features, other than that everything seems to work fine. Maybe someone who's knows more about the special pricing would like to help a litte?

Plugin Contributions

I probably I made a mistake the first time I uploaded, but now it's available:
    category: Downloads : Zen Cart Beta : Other Modules
    download link: http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/mydownload...sit.php?lid=227

Plugin Contributions

Nice work - surprised you've not had more "thanks for that" type of posts! This contrib and the site map certainly make great "spider food". Coupl'a things a bit wobbly like profiles 4+ "falling off" the bottom of the screen in admin (perhaps a flyout, instead of a continuation?), and profile 3 saying
    Code:
    "language = english :: colspan = 8 :: stylesheet (printing) = profile-x :: 
    profile = 3* :: columns = 2 :: maxLines = 20 :: debug = true :: noWrap = true :: showTaxFree = true :: showModel = true :: showInactive = true :: mainCatsNewPage = true :: "
    etc at the top. BUT - profile 5 works fine for me and does exactly what I want. Many thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by kelvyn+Jul 9 2004, 02:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kelvyn &#064; Jul 9 2004, 02:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>This contrib and the site map certainly make great "spider food".[/b]
    Yes, it&#39;s originally made to be a printable price-lists, but indeed it&#39;s also a handy all products page with quick links to all product_info pages.(and a.o. the notes fields make it a printable inventory list too, i.e. to check your real stock once in a while)

Originally posted by kelvyn@Jul 9 2004, 02:48 PM
    profiles 4+ "falling off" the bottom of the screen in admin (perhaps a flyout, instead of a continuation?).
    noticed that but I couldn&#39;t find an easy solution, and I would not know how to create a fly out for it. Actually it&#39;s more a zen-cart DHTML menu problem I suppose, or even a general DHTML menu problem. One of the reasons I don&#39;t use DHTML menues myself.

Originally posted by kelvyn@Jul 9 2004, 02:48 PM
    and profile 3 saying
    Code:
    &#34;language = english &#58;&#58; colspan = 8 &#58;&#58; stylesheet &#40;printing&#41; = profile-x &#58;&#58; 
    profile = 3* &#58;&#58; columns = 2 &#58;&#58; maxLines = 20 &#58;&#58; debug = true &#58;&#58; noWrap = true &#58;&#58; showTaxFree = true &#58;&#58; showModel = true &#58;&#58; showInactive = true &#58;&#58; mainCatsNewPage = true &#58;&#58; &#34;
    etc at the top.
    that&#39;s the debug feature, you can switch it of if you like in admin (at the bottom of the profile settings), it&#39;s more for developement than anything else. The info it currently shows is a bit outdated.

<!--QuoteBegin-kelvyn
    @Jul 9 2004, 02:48 PM
    BUT - profile 5 works fine for me and does exactly what I want. Many thanks again.[/quote]I assume that it&#39;s clear that if profile 5 does what you want, you can make any of the profiles do what you want. All profiles have exactly the same admin configurable options.

Anyway I&#39;m glad you like it&#39;s always nice to have some feedback :)

Note: I forgot to mention in the announcement that this contribution would never had become what it is now without the help of Carine&#33; We developed the osC version together, so this is partly a translation of the osC version, allthough the zen version was the first public version with profiles.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for making this mod available Paul, it&#39;s excellent&#33;

Just one (very small) suggestion: could the pricelist be opened in a new window maybe?

At present you need to use the back button on the browser, which some customers may not think of using and so may give up (unless I&#39;m missing something...?)

The install info perhaps also needs to mention adding a define to the english.php file:

Code:
    // printable catalogue mod
    define&#40;&#39;CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRICELIST&#39;,&#39;Printable Catalogue ...&#39;&#41;;
    (Again, unless I&#39;m missing something...) :)

Thanks again for a brilliant mod

Dave

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone got this to work with v1.2? I am having all kinds of errors with this.

bluewolf Guest

Any chance of getting this updated for v1.2? I think this is a wonderful mod to add to zencart. I often goto computer shops that have price list and take them home and think about what I want and come back a few day&#39;s later and buy those items. With this they could do that at my store. So, they don&#39;t have to remeber two day&#39;s later what was priced what. They have a printted out list.. big grin..

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

thanks for the positive response&#33; I&#39;m very glad you like it

@Pixxi
    Originally posted by Pixxi@Jul 26 2004, 10:38 PM
    Just one (very small) suggestion: could the pricelist be opened in a new window maybe?

At present you need to use the back button on the browser, which some customers may not think of using and so may give up (unless I&#39;m missing something...?)
    I&#39;m sure that it can be opened in a new window, but it really should not be needed. Maybe you can explain more about this problem? (it&#39;s certainly possible that I am missing something too :) ).

@all zen-cart v1.2 users
    I just came back from a holliday, no time to install (or even download) 1.2 yet. I hope to get to it soon and to be able make the pricelist to work on 1.2 also of course (if anyone else already has got it working please tell how you did it, or even better, upload the adapted version for 1.2 yourself :) ).

Paul

Plugin Contributions

Just one note:

I see there are two pricelists at the downloads now. They seem exactly the same (except for one totally unimportant file missing in the second upload). I&#39;m 100% sure I didn&#39;t upload the second one (only the first one), so I wonder why it&#39;s there? Is it an upgrade somebody did without changing the version number and readme file? Or ???

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast