Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Hi All

I've made various previous posts here previously and it is all working fine with 1.2.2 on http://www.signs4safety.co.uk - check it out, but it takes a while to list about 3500 products - I also have descriptions fields incorporated in the price list output. I did ask if anyone was interested in a release, but got no feedback at the time. If the updated sources (really still all Paul's work) would be of use, let me know and I'd be happy to make them available when I get back to the UK in about 10 days time.

Best regards, Ian

Plugin Contributions

HI Ian

Did you have any problems when you installed it? If so please advise of yoru workaround :)

also I would be very interested in your work.

Thanks
    Sometimes the best advice is to tell me I'm not thinking about the problem enough.
    FleshMetal.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ghostcorps

I recall the all products link disappearing and from memory that put me onto the upgrade for 1.2.2 and then I think I integrated the short descriptions code - I have looked at the site Paul mentioned in one of his postings and it looked really good, but I recall he made a pertinent comment about managing printing of descriptions in differing circumstances. My solution was possibly a tad simplistic in that I just print the first x characters from the descriptions field - the number is configurable in the database.

I am not sure if there has been a new release since I last checked in here - I can see various mods etc. If maybe Paul or someone else could point me at the latest and greatest, I would be happy to try to integrate my own version and release. It is going to take a couple of weeks to get to tho' I will also try to get round to taking a look at 1.2.3 as well.

Regards, Ian

Plugin Contributions

Ok thank.s ill keep an eye out for it.

Could you maybe look at the lik i posted and let me know if you saw anythgin similar to the issue there?

:)
    Sometimes the best advice is to tell me I'm not thinking about the problem enough.
    FleshMetal.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ghostcorps

I took a look at the link and I don't recall seeing anything quite like this - at a guess, I would say that it is probably looking for a database field somewhere that doesn't exist - however, I should take more informed advice than mine before spending a lot of time searching the code for that. It may really need tracing through the code to discover the probs unless it triggers a thought with someone more familiar with the code and DB upgrades than me.

Best of luck with it - I will post here when I manage to get to doing something on the pricelist stuff.

Regards, Ian

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ian

No one seems to reciognise this issue, and i have com pleted a complete reinstall of this module only to get the same problem, I guess it must be a conflict with some other seemingly unrelated part of my db.. but your guess is as good (actually better) than mine. I'll just have to get boring and trace the code, see if anythgin sticks out...

if anyone can offer a hand it ould be greatly appreciated.. (if you need any body jewellery i promise a very good discount ::tup

=^_^=
    FleshMetal.com.au

Plugin Contributions

I did a google and found this:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/lofiversion/i...hp/t113334.html

techmed

Sep 25 2004, 02:27 AM

I started entering my categories and subcategories yesterday, and now when I click on any of the category links with subcategories in them, I get the following error:

1109 - Unknown table 'p' in field list

select count(p.products_id) as total

[TEP STOP]

I tried downloading and installing the original index.php, and I get the same error. I did not edit anything recently, so I do not know where this error is coming from. Any help is greatly appreciated.

stevel

Sep 25 2004, 12:42 PM

I can't figure out which statement in index.php is the culprit here, as all of the queries I can see that use "as total" have a field list of (*).

The syntax of a query that would use the p. form would look something like this:

"select (p.products_id) from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p ..."

where the "p" that follows the table name is the way to associate that abbreviation with the table.

It would seem that for the query in question, there is no table associated with "p". Can you find the offending line? It may be in some contribution you added.
    I am trying to make sence of it, and will show it to my housemate (my live-in IT geek) and see if he can make sence of it./... but any clarification would be great :)
    FleshMetal.com.au

Plugin Contributions

... further....

we have isolated the problem to:

\includes\modules\pages\pricelist\header_php.php

line: 245
    Code:
    $sql = "SELECT m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id";
    Or

Line: 335
    Code:
     ## ##$query .= ' FROM ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ' p LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . ' pd USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . ' pc USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c USING(categories_id) WHERE pd.language_id="' . PL_LANG_ID . '" AND c.categories_id="' . $id . '"' . PL_SHOW_PROD_INACTIVE . PL_SHOW_CAT_INACTIVE;
    nt: the solitary p's is these lines are the only occurences of such in the entire code SQL or PHP

I dont have anything in manufacturers_id at all and never have.. so i suspect it is line 335... how would I start to rectify this error?

::frust
    FleshMetal.com.au

Plugin Contributions

HI ghostcorps,

just to try to get things clear, I'm posting your current price-list output here:
    Price-list for printing.

Displaying 355 products, click on the links for extensive product information.
    English

Home
    Home
    1109 Unknown table 'p' in field list
    I will ask Carine if she will take a look (my MySQL skills are still at the "copy and paste" level I'm afraid).

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by ghostcorps@Feb 7 2005, 07:29 AM
    ... further....
    we have isolated the problem to:
    \includes\modules\pages\pricelist\header_php.php

line: 245
    Code:
    $sql = "SELECT m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id";
    Just to check something;
    In my copy of the file, it appears at line 262
    What is the id of the file? I have:
    "// $Id: header_php.php, v1.03 2004/11/22 paulm"

If yours the same? Perhaps I missed something here...

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast