Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: LinkPoint and GoDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Is there a particular reason you are using a "CGI" hosting plan?These settings aren't used by Zen Cart.

Did you download and install the PEM file from your LinkPoint account as directed in the readme?
    Hello DrByte,
    Thanks for your reply!!
    I downloaded PEM file from my LinkPoint account and uploaded to /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api folder.
    Can you tell me which hosting plan I have to use? I dont have any reason for using CGI plan.
    Can you tell me what settings I have to give in Linkpoint connect settings?
    My website is at www.pepperspalace.com

Please help me

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From the readme.txt contained in the module's zip:
    UPLOAD YOUR Digital Certificate (.PEM) key:
    - Click on "Support" in the Main Menu Bar.
    - Click on the word "Download Center" under Downloads in the Side Menu Box.
    - Click on the word "download" beside the "Store PEM File" section on the right-hand side of the page.
    - Key in necessary information to start download. You will need to supply your actual SSN or Tax ID which you submitted during the merchant account boarding process.
    - Upload this file to includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/XXXXXX.pem (provided by LinkPoint - xxxxxx is your store id)

CONFIGURING THE MODULE:
    ======================
    1. Go to the Admin ...
    2. Go to Modules ...
    3. Go to Payment ...
    4. Select LinkPoint/YourPay API, and click Install

(If you already had the LinkPoint/YourPay module installed, note your account number and other settings, and then REMOVE and re-INSTALL this module.)

5. Enter your appropriate information provided by LinkPoint or YourPay
    - Merchant ID --- this is the same as the number in the PEM file you uploaded earlier for your account

- LinkPoint Transaction Mode Response -- Set this to Production for normal use, or simulate some tests using the Successful/Decline options (See below for testing instructions)

- Authorization Type - In most cases you will want to do an "Immediate Charge" to capture payment immediately. In some situations, you may prefer to simply "Authorize" transactions, and then manually use your Merchant Terminal to formally capture the payments (esp if payment amounts may fluctuate between placing the order and shipping it)

- Set Order Status - For Captured and Approved orders, what order-status should be set? Default recommended is "Processing"

- PREAUTH Order Status - For transactions that are only "authorized" but not captured, this order status setting will be used. Recommended: "Pending"

- Sort Order of Display -- Any value greater than zero will cause this payment method to appear in the specified sort order on the checkout-payment page

- Payment Zone - if you want only customers from a particular zone to be able to use this payment module, select that zone here.

- Fraud Alerts -- if the module is informed that a particular purchase may be fraudulent, do you want to be notified by email? Emails will go to the Store Owner's email address as specified in Admin->Configuration->Email Options

- Enable Database Storage - If you enable this option, extended details of each transaction will be stored, enabling you to more effectively conduct audits of fraudulent activity or even track/match order information between Zen Cart and your LinkPoint records.

You are done!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by suvijoseph
    godaddy's 'Deluxe Hosting with CGI - b' plan
    I can't see any specific technical details of a plan saying "with CGI - b", but their Linux Deluxe Plan meets basic requirements of Zen Cart.
    But unless you have a dedicated server with them, you will not get LinkPoint to work due to firewall limitations.

You will find that our Certified Hosts are more affordable and better-tuned than most GoDaddy setups, especially since they pay special focus on Zen Cart performance.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

From the readme.txt contained in the module's zip:
    Hello DrByte,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did exactly the same setting which is there in the readme.txt file.

Plugin Contributions

I can't see any specific technical details of a plan saying "with CGI - b", but their Linux Deluxe Plan meets basic requirements of Zen Cart.
    But unless you have a dedicated server with them, you will not get LinkPoint to work due to firewall limitations.

You will find that our Certified Hosts are more affordable and better-tuned than most GoDaddy setups, especially since they pay special focus on Zen Cart performance.
    Hello DrByte,
    Thanks for the reply.
    It is Linux Deluxe Plan only which I am having.
    With regards,
    Suvi Joseph

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by suvijoseph
    Hello DrByte,
    Thanks for the reply.
    It is Linux Deluxe Plan only which I am having.
    With regards,
    Suvi Joseph
    If it is not their "Dedicated" or "virtual dedicated" plan, then you will NOT be able to use LinkPoint, and you are likely paying too much for hosting...

Plugin Contributions

If it is not their "Dedicated" or "virtual dedicated" plan, then you will NOT be able to use LinkPoint, and you are likely paying too much for hosting...
    Hello DrByte,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am not sure weather it is Dedicated or virtual dedicated or other. I will check and post in about 4 hours from now.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,
    I have upgraded to virtual dedicated plan. But I am still getting the error message as "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives."
    Please help me!!

With regards,
    Suvi Joseph

Plugin Contributions

rather than continue to shell out cash on a system that isnt going to work for you without shelling out TONS of cash,

you should try what Dr Byte said and look into a certified host
    and you will probably save some $$ in the process
    and I know it will save you alot of aggrivation
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,
    Can you please suggest us what we can do?

With regards,
    Suvi Joseph

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast