Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: LinkPoint and GoDaddy

Hi Dr. Byte,

I ran through this set up exactly in my 1.3.7 recently updated cart. However, I keep getting card declined messages, whether in test mode or live. Is there another setting that needs to be adjusted inside the Linkpoint terminal. I ran through the instructions and set everything up, but it's still not working. I'm a bit stumped on this. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this one.

Thanks as always for your energy and help.
    Kinget

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    From the readme.txt contained in the module's zip:

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are you hosted with GoDaddy ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Are you hosted with GoDaddy ?
    No...this is an entirely different host named "Cavecreek" -- I don't think there is anything else to set up in the admin. I followed the instructions, and the only indication no matter the mode, Test Successful or Test Decline or Live receives a declined message. At least the Test Successful should go through.

Thank you for your energy and help.

PS...I also just posted this question on the front, because I wasn't sure if it would be seen here. I'm sorry for the double-post.

Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fruitjars View Post
    I am currently using Os Commerce for my online store and have a Linkpoint Connect module working without a problem with a regular godaddy Linux hosting account.

Can't the Linkpoint API module for Zen Cart be modified for Linkpoint Connect or can the Linkpoint Connnect module for Os Commerce be adapted for Zen Cart?
    I would be interested in a Linkpoint Connect module as well. Actually, that was the whole basis of the connection problem with us. They had Linkpoint Connect, but we needed Linkpoing API to run CC's through the store. Also, they had other sites with order areas to that same gateway, so we ended up having to do another store on their sister site before switching their terminal to Linkpoint API. Linkpoint can only do one type of connection at a time, and the only way to get it switched is directly through the merchant bank, which is a really big headache. It would be nice to have the option available, as a suggestion.

Thanks as always for the great support at this forum.

Kinget

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fruitjars View Post
    Can't the Linkpoint API module for Zen Cart be modified for Linkpoint Connect or can the Linkpoint Connnect module for Os Commerce be adapted for Zen Cart?
    It can probably be converted, but the "Connect" method is MUCH LESS secure than the API method, let alone being a much less professional experience for your customer. There are no plans to support it nor incorporate it into Zen Cart.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It can probably be converted, but the "Connect" method is MUCH LESS secure than the API method, let alone being a much less professional experience for your customer. There are no plans to support it nor incorporate it into Zen Cart.
    Got it. Thank you for your expert insight. Linkpoint seems to be very limited too. At least through Authorize.net you can change your type of set up from your own administration. With Linkpoint, you have to switch the terminal via the original merchant bank that set up the account. In consideration of dealing with most banks, it's really a nightmare. I'm glad I was able to convince them to switch it, even though I had to set up another cart to do it, since they had to have a separate cart for their other site. It may be though, and I'm not sure if this will be a problem, that they can only have one referral link. Do you know if you can run two different forms/store through the same terminal?

Thanks so much,
    Kinget

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    I had to set up another cart to do it, since they had to have a separate cart for their other site. It may be though, and I'm not sure if this will be a problem, that they can only have one referral link. Do you know if you can run two different forms/store through the same terminal?
    Contracts usually state that each merchant account is intended to be used for one store specifically.
    Practically speaking, this makes sense, since the collected monies will be deposited into the bank account connected to the merchant account. You don't want money from store #2 going into the bank account for store #1 ... unless you have very creative accountants...

Plugin Contributions

Contracts usually state that each merchant account is intended to be used for one store specifically.
    Practically speaking, this makes sense, since the collected monies will be deposited into the bank account connected to the merchant account. You don't want money from store #2 going into the bank account for store #1 ... unless you have very creative accountants...
    Then I may have a problem. See they have two separate sites, but they are the same company. Both of their order forms under the Linkpoint Connect, both go through the same terminal. The customers are charged by the same company, but they are two different sites with two different themes. So, they wanted a second cart for the second site. however, they are both located on the same domain....if I use the same pem file for both, is that going to be possible or is there a way to send the second cart's orders through the first cart?

Thank you for your advise.
    Kinget

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kinget View Post
    Then I may have a problem. See they have two separate sites, but they are the same company. Both of their order forms under the Linkpoint Connect, both go through the same terminal. The customers are charged by the same company, but they are two different sites with two different themes. So, they wanted a second cart for the second site. however, they are both located on the same domain....if I use the same pem file for both, is that going to be possible or is there a way to send the second cart's orders through the first cart?
    With "Connect" it probably will. With API it would not.
    You'll have to ask the Linkpoint tech staff about the Connect option.

Plugin Contributions

With "Connect" it probably will. With API it would not.
    You'll have to ask the Linkpoint tech staff about the Connect option.
    This is something that was unknown to us. It's not like they can switch from Linkpoint and they needed a cart solution. You're saying that there are no plans to do a Linkpoint Connect Module. Do you have any solutions about how to make one then for these carts? Or to have a second store go to the first store's order area...like blending two stores as one? I will need a solution for this. They do not have a technical advisement with Linkpoint...when you call everything is done through the bank....I was really hoping that since they are both on the same domain...one has domain.com/store address and the other domain.com/sub-store address as an example.....just by using the same pem file. They are selling the same things, but they are two different themes. So essentially it's the same business. Even if there is a cost for this, do you know anyone that could help to resolve this issue.

Thanks as always for your advise.
    Kinget

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast