Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: LinkPoint and GoDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    With "Connect" it probably will. With API it would not.
    You'll have to ask the Linkpoint tech staff about the Connect option.
    You actually can do this with API (use the same PEM file on two carts). I did it for a while with both of my sites because I was too lazy to get a separate account for the second. =/

Leila

Plugin Contributions

I am so angry at this point, lol. I wish I had found this thread FIRST instead of after hours and hours of aggravation and sitting on hold with GoDaddy...

Originally, I set up a quick shoping cart with Quickbooks merchant account. It was a disaster. Then I got zenned, and figured I'd roll over to a Linkpoint API....

Only to find out that GoDaddy STILL doesn't seamlessly integrate all products/functionality. aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!

So now, I have 6 months left on prepaid deluxe (hardee harrr harrr) hosting, or research changing. I am stuck manually processing payments.

The thoughts of changing hosting and having to deal with all that it entails is daunting.....

Any advice, other than live and learn? :)

Is there a recommended host that will assist in the process? Everything associated with my site is through GD.....

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the double post, but as of this morning, GoDaddy is still advising to try to install cURL to access port 1129. Grrrrrrrrr!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Shop View Post
    Is there a recommended host that will assist in the process? Everything associated with my site is through GD.....
    If you contact the hosts listed on the Recommended Hosts page, you'll find that some are very willing to transfer your site for you ... some a no cost, some for a nominal fee.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=10

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

you want to switch to godaddy virtual dedicated server from shared hosting not only because of that port. another reason to swtich is that zencart, or any other intensive php application, runs painfully slow on godaddy shared hosting...i found this out by my own experience...

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: LinkPoint and GoDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It can probably be converted, but the "Connect" method is MUCH LESS secure than the API method, let alone being a much less professional experience for your customer. There are no plans to support it nor incorporate it into Zen Cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by serge111 View Post
    you want to switch to godaddy virtual dedicated server from shared hosting not only because of that port. another reason to swtich is that zencart, or any other intensive php application, runs painfully slow on godaddy shared hosting...i found this out by my own experience...
    To add to this string, and I'm not sure if it is common knowledge but we have been advised that to follow current PCI Data Security Standards you can NOT use API for processing credit card orders under said domain if the website is hosted in a shared hosting package and/or managed server environment (as stated specifically by 1&1 hosting). To avoid high costs with leasing a dedicated server or virtual server, we are looking to migrate from API to a Connect method.

So with that, does anyone have any input, suggestions, input or direction with how best to convert from API to a Connect method with Zen Cart software? (we use vers. 1.3.0.2)

Thanks in advance to anyone with such comments.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aei_dan View Post
    To add to this string, and I'm not sure if it is common knowledge but we have been advised that to follow current PCI Data Security Standards you can NOT use API for processing credit card orders under said domain if the website is hosted in a shared hosting package and/or managed server environment (as stated specifically by 1&1 hosting). To avoid high costs with leasing a dedicated server or virtual server, we are looking to migrate from API to a Connect method.

So with that, does anyone have any input, suggestions, input or direction with how best to convert from API to a Connect method with Zen Cart software? (we use vers. 1.3.0.2)

Thanks in advance to anyone with such comments.
    After re-reading and more reading (and unable to edit or delete previous post) its been to my understanding that the hosting company (1&1) could not comply to PCI DSS certification with their shared hosting packages and managed servers (the certification still allows for shared hosting packages/managed servers to process CC orders under said domain).

Currently we have been in successful/functioning API mode for over 3 years. None the less, we're still looking to migrate to a 'connect method' with our Zen Cart software and seeking any advice.

- Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Well I called godaddy and confirmed all that I have read. They can not open the port 1129. I asked for a refund for the hosting and they kindly oblidged. Now I know about godaddy hosting....

I must say that I have had no problems with them up to now and have had some incredible deals for domain registration.

Plugin Contributions

Keep your account for domain registrations - you just don't want to use their hosting.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I am glad I found this thread before I bought Godaddy's hosting. I am now looking at Blue Host, has anyone had any experiences with them, ZC, and Linkpoint?
    Terry Turner JR
    Chief Web Designer
    http://www.tttconsultants.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345