Plugin Contributions

Default Been reading around the FAQs and still have some layout questions...

I lie, I have a lot of layout questions. I guess this is what happens when you get a graphic designers to do hard coding. I guess I just don't understand all there is about overrides and such. But I am trying to achieve a seamless looking site like this one: http://osc.template-help.com/zencart_10092/index.php and am having trouble organizing my modules to have an exact look. Sure, I can convince my boss that $150+whatever is worth that template, but I'd rather learn how to create something similar on my own so we are not roped in to one persons idea of a website, and just to expand my knowledge base. I understand this isn't a place to ask someone to walk with me hand in hand through creating a website like that, but this is all very new to me. I generally create a website in Photoshop and export it in ImageReady, and the most I have worked with shopping cart wise is PayPal's "buy it now" system and MivaMerchant (and that was yeaaars ago.)

I'm just not sure if I *can* do that, create my layout in PhotoShop and then slice and dice it around the modules and such, or if I only need to focus on designing a header and footer and do the rest in css?

I'm such a mess! I'm sorry for taking on a task that is out of my range, but I would appreciate any help you are willing to give.

Now, back to reading the Wiki... which so much just flies over my head.

~M~

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Been reading around the FAQs and still have some layout questions...

Before you spend money on a template - Download and install the program. Play with the settings in the admin, create a header, footer, change the colors using the stylesheet, download a free template or two from the Downloads section and practice with them. Don't stress - and don't hard code stuff