Plugin Contributions

Default shipping free options choice

The options for free shipping when a quantity goes over a set amount appears as it is should next to my set up of a shipping cost on a flat rate.

The free option dissappears as it should when the quantity drops below the set amount.

Is it possible for the the flat rate choice to dissappear when the free shipping is activted so when the free option is displayed the choice of flat rate does not.

It seems unnecessary to have a choice of free or a charge for shipping. Have I missed something to make the flat rate dissappear?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping free options choice

The Free Shipping Options freeoptions Shipping module was designed to show "with" the other shipping methods as an alternative for your customers ... usually the slow boat to china method ...

You would need to customize your flat.php shipping module to behave otherwise ...

You might wish to clone it vs modify the original so that it is not overwritten on an upgrade ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda

I don't understand the reason for offering a paid shipping as against a free option ? why would the customer choose to pay when a free option to is there, apart from as you say ' slow boat to china option '

Nice if we could have a ' show free option only' choice ? I wouldn't like to mess with the shipping options unless I really knew what I was doing. I wonder if a show /hide on the template would do it, unless there is an expert for a mod?

Plugin Contributions

I want to offer Free Shipping ... but will send it the slowest cheapest method I can ...

You want your product tomorrow ... you will pay anything to get it ...

To satisfy both situations ... I need to offer both *my* cheap free shipping and *your* super expensive gotta have it now ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What exact shipping modules do you have installed?

Do you have 0 weight is Free Shipping?

Do you use Always Free Shipping on your Products?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda

I have only flat rate and free shipping options activated, with zero weight. The aim is that if customers orders over say 30 products they get free shipping.

I tried the free shipper but it did not allow the controlls that free shipping option gave in setting up >= or <= options. I have >=30 set here

I was thinking that if $10 was in Free Shipping the Options does not display if Free Shipping is used based on 0 weight is Free Shipping. I was hoping one or the other would display.

All our products are the same weight and all sent by courier, so we charge a flat rate all over the UK.

So flat rate of say $10 or over 30 products the shipping is free.

This hasn't got the same logic for what the free shipping options was designed for as a free slow alternative, I am trying to use it as a cut off point for charging shipping at all, hence in this case offering an alternative doesn't look right.