Default Full Install 1.3.0.2 -files missing when unzipped

I have downloaded the full set of version 1.3.0.2 twice ( zen-cart-v1.3.0.2-full-fileset.zip), from different mirrors and after unzipping they both are missing the following files:

# /admin/includes/configure.php does not exist more info...
    # /includes/configure.php file does not exist
    # includes/configure.php = NOT FOUND
    # admin/includes/configure.php = NOT FOUND

I have a running version of 1.3.0.1 and had no missing files when I unzipped it.

Am I the onlyone with this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Full Install 1.3.0.2 -files missing when unzipped

If this is a fresh installation, it is obvious two files will not exists:

# /admin/includes/configure.php does not exist more info...
    # /includes/configure.php file does not exist
    # includes/configure.php = NOT FOUND
    # admin/includes/configure.php = NOT FOUND

Make sure to read the installation instructions from the docs folder of the Zen-Cart package you downloaded from the mirror site under sourceforget.net's site.

If you have completed the fresh installation of Zen-Cart and, then, these four error lines appeared, it means that you did not set your CHMOD permissions correctly before beginning the installation.

If this is an upgrade installation, you can also follow the DOCS folder from the package and see how to upgrade properly to the latest version of Zen-Cart without affecting your current files.

In the mean time, testing an upgrade over a test server first would be HIGHLY recommended before upgrading over your live store.

Also, making a full backup of your live store would be highly suggested as well (before proceeding with the installation / upgrade operation).

Thank you very much for the reminder.
    I should have re-read the full intsallation file in the DOCS folder.
    I have done that now and the installation is compete.

I am not installing over my current running version.

Last week I tried to install only the changed files but was not sucessful. I probably got confused on some of the files that have been cjhanged and that I also modified and put into an override directory. So I am going to try it this way instead....

As a comment from a user who has gotten quite familiar with the ZenCart program and understands the override system, the upgrade was only partially informative as to how to implement it. That part has a lot of room for improvement.

Regards with many thanks

"Perseverance Furthers"_I Ching hexagram

Plugin Contributions

Last week I tried to install only the changed files but was not sucessful. I probably got confused on some of the files that have been cjhanged and that I also modified and put into an override directory. So I am going to try it this way instead....
    Another alternative way would be to use a compare software tool - such as: Beyond Compare 2 (recommended by: Ajeh). You can, then, compare the new readings with your old readings - by following each affected files from the upgrade instructions file - from the DOCS folder without affecting your test store.

As a comment from a user who has gotten quite familiar with the ZenCart program and understands the override system, the upgrade was only partially informative as to how to implement it. That part has a lot of room for improvement.
    I don't know for v.1.3.02 but I do know this was discussed from another topic as I'm sure the team are doing the best they can to improve their explicite instructions.

In the mean time, there's also the wiki documentation, PDF documentation, (posted by DrByte), Archived documentation section - from the forum, FAQs as the forum's search engine to help you out in many detailed ways in order to progress with Zen-Cart.