Plugin Contributions

Download Shop Questions...

I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone could offer some guidance. What we are doing is building a download shop for wine distributors that will allow them to download items that will be PDF's. Zencartstore.com has the exact facility set up we are using to give you a frame of reference. Here is where we are struggling:

Supplier Login - The winemakers (not the distributors aka customers) need to have basically an extranet available for them to view the stats on what has been downloaded, product reviews, etc...just for their own company. There will be many winemakers that will be accessing the proposed extranet. Thus far it looks like that needs to be built from scratch unless there is an existing module out there to tweak.

Multiple images per PDF page - small images will be downloaded and printed from the site by the wine distributors. I would like to have them grouped 3 to a page. I have never built anything that has to do with customized a pdf printout so I am at a loss. Essentially, if you were a distributor, let's say you dropped 3 items into the shopping cart. At checkout, the download link provided would show all 3 items on one page instead of on three. This is an easy one I know but I am just not seeing it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download Shop Questions...

What we are doing is building a download shop for wine distributors that will allow them to download items that will be PDF's.
    If you are attempting to assemble an informational site for your distributors and want to facilitate 'free' pdf downloads and nothing else, and are not intending on selling items I would say that Zen Cart is overkill. If you only intend on using the ability to download files on a free basis, there are many other non cart alternatives that will support that function.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download Shop Questions...

Any carts you recommend for this that would fit the bill?