Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

After I installed, I can access the admin section just fine, but I can't access the site. I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.0.2 with Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.2.

I get the errors below when I try. I've also included the contents less passwords of the configure.php files. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Error Messages
    Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\inetpub\pilotwaypoint\index.php on line 43

Warning: main(DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\inetpub\pilotwaypoint\index.php on line 43

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_TEMPLATEStemplate_default/common/html_header.php' (include_path='.;c:\php\pear') in D:\inetpub\pilotwaypoint\index.php on line 43

Here is the contents of the configure.php file:

<?php
    //
    // +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    // |zen-cart Open Source E-commerce |
    // | Copyright (c) 2003 The zen-cart developers |
    // | |
    // | http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php |
    // | |
    // | Portions Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce |
    // | This source file is subject to version 2.0 of the GPL license, |
    // | that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is |
    // | available through the world-wide-web at the following url: |
    // | http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt. |
    // | If you did not receive a copy of the Zen Cart license and are unable |
    // | to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to |
    // | license AT zen-cart DOT com so we can mail you a copy immediately. |
    // $Id: dist-configure.php 3071 2006-02-27 23:09:54Z drbyte $
    //

// Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg, http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg, https://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg, http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg, https://www.yourdomain.com
    /*
    * URL's for your site will be built via:
    * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
    * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or
    * HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or
    * HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
    * ...depending on your system configuration settings
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://208.106.156.205');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://208.106.156.205');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://208.106.156.205');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://208.106.156.205');

// secure webserver for catalog module and/or admin areas?
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'd:/inetpub/pilotwaypoint/admin/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'd:/inetpub/pilotwaypoint/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/templates/');
    define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', '');
    define('DB_SERVER', '******'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '******');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '******');
    define('DB_DATABASE', '******');
    define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'db' or optionally 'mysql' in some cases

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from: none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'file');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', 'd:/inetpub/pilotwaypoint/cache');

?>

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

You said you can access the admin area fine, and that you have a problem accessing the "store" area.

You posted a copy of your "admin" configure.php.

Please post your /includes/configure.php file contents. You should also check that your Internet Guest Account user has "read" permissions to that file, and that the file is complete.

I suspect you've mistakenly copied the admin version of the file into the store area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

You are correct when you said that I copied the same configure.php file to both areas in zen cart. I did. I didn't realize that there was a difference between the two files.

I downloaded the dis-configure.php file from the includes area, modified it to match my site, re-named it, uploaded it, and now everything is running beautifully. Hours and hours of frustration ended!

Thank you so much!

Joe.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

Hello,

I have a similar error when trying to access the Admin site. I am not getting the Sign on screen. Instead I am getting the following error message: Warning: main(includes/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/an/mydomain.com/public_html/ shopping/ admin/includes/application_top.php on line 270.

I found the same problem at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/ showthread.php?t=25670. This remember me that I was getting the UK flag on the shopping cart and then trying to make it does not appear on it I changed the default to US English instead of the UK English.

Maybe you can verify it this is my problem because you have more experiences than me with ZenCart. If this is the problem could you please, let me know how I can put it back or how to install the US English?

Regards,

Rad

Plugin Contributions

Rad,
    What version are you using? I've gone back a few and not found one with an application_to.php with over 150 lines.

Also, I don't know if you have incorrectly copied the error
    error message: Warning: main(includes/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/home/an/mydomain.com/public_html/ shopping/ admin/includes/application_top.php on line 270.
    as the item in red is incorrect.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

Hi,

Thank you for replying back.

In a printed copied of the ZenCart I am using I can read e-comerce enging copyright 2003.

The error message I included in this e-mail is exactly the same I get when traying to access the log in page. So there are not mistakes on it.

Originally I did not installed all the files and directories and ZenCart configuration. I am just continuing the process.

I have don the following:
    I was looking in /includes/languages/english.php and the only DEFAULT_LANGUAGE there is DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY, which value is set to 'USD' and then this code define(\'HTML_PARAMS\',\'dir=\"ltr\" lang=\"en\"\');.

All the tables are in the same place because I have not moved any of them from their original places.

The Only thing I did was that the day before to the problem I changed de language from UK dollar to US dolllar in order to make the UK flag desappear from the shopping cart.

Other things I noted in the error message is that the HOST is pointing to /export/home/an/mydomain.com.... and when I try making the english.php executable again I get the message "File (english.php) created in the current directory (/export/home/mydomain.com/public.html/shopping/includes/languages).

So you may be able to see that the sub-directory "an" is not in the host like it was before (/export/home/an/mydomain.com.... ).

the only place I was able to see the configuration table is in Admin on the ZENCART site. But know I can not get in there because I am not getting the sign on screen but the error message. So I do not have way to get the configuration table and the languages table to set the value as "en" to see if I can get the problem solved.

I do not know if I am confused on this, but I have been trying many thing but nothing work out.

Regards,

Rad.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rad,

I'm getting a similar problem after upgrading my MediaTemple server. Am running version 1.2.6. When attempting to view the Admin area the following message shows up:

Warning: main(/domains/papadakis.net/html/live/includes/filenames.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/5976/domains/papadakis.net/html/live/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 100

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/domains/papadakis.net/html/live/includes/filenames.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/5976/domains/papadakis.net/html/live/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 100

Am not sure why the error is happening exactly. The directories all exist and the permissions are all correct. Please advise.

Plugin Contributions

Fixed.

This problem is because includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php had /domains/papadakis.net instead of /home/5976/domains declared as the path. This caused problems with properly locating the right location for the cart in Media Temple's Grid Server.

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Error after installing only in store - admin works fine - failed to open stream

Quote Originally Posted by onehandclapping View Post
    Fixed.

This problem is because includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php had /domains/papadakis.net instead of /home/5976/domains declared as the path. This caused problems with properly locating the right location for the cart in Media Temple's Grid Server.
    Hi,

My configure.php do not have that configuration. And, besides, this file has not been taught and every thing was working fine the day before to the first time I got the problem.

In other hands I am sorry but I do not understand all you are saying there (See pathes with red colors).

Could you please, specify a little bit better/

Thank you,

Rad

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thank you for replying back.

I found that our Zen Cart Version is 1.2.7.

The error message I included in this e-mail is exactly the same I get when traying to access the log in page. So there are not mistakes on it.

Originally I did not installed all the files and directories and ZenCart configuration. Other person did it. I am just continuing the process.

All the files are in the same place. I have not moved any of them from their original directories.

The Only thing I did was that the day before to the problem I changed de language from UK dollar to US dolllar in order to make the UK flag desappear from the shopping cart.

Other things I noted in the error message is that the HOST is pointing to /export/home/an/mydomain.com.... and when I try making the english.php executable again I get the message "File (english.php) created in the current directory (/export/home/mydomain.com/public.html/shopping/includes/languages).

So you may be able to see that the sub-directory "an" is not in the host like it was before (/export/home/an/mydomain.com.... ).

the only place I was able to see the configuration table is in Admin on the ZENCART site. But know I can not get in there because I am not getting the sign on screen but the error message. So I do not have way to get the configuration tables and the languages table to set the value as "en" to see if I can get the problem solved.

I do not know if I am confused on this, but I have been trying many thing but nothing work out.

Regards,

Rad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast