Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker Not applying to all products

v1.3.8 had bugs in it causing issues once of which was SaleMaker and not managing it as designed ...

That it the only thing I can think of that is causing this issue to work on her site when it should not and other issues can compound there using the old, out dated code of v1.3.8 with all of the bugs and security issues in it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

SO, I guess my other question still stands, why do all the categories show under SaleMaker if clicking on them doesn't do anything?

Plugin Contributions

I am not fully understanding your question ...

If you mean why when you create a Sale that you can see all Categories as possible choices ... it is because you get to choose what Category you want on Sale ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

But if I choose a category that is anything other than the Designers names that are set up as the master, it doesn't work.

Plugin Contributions

Don't chose that Category then ...

Sale Maker is made so you can pick any Categories that you want to put on Sale ...

You make the choice of which ones ...

The Rule is, then apply the Sale to the chosen Category on the condition the Product is using that Category as its master_categories_id ...

There is no way for the code to "know" what you are "thinking" when you build Sales ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I guess I'm confused still. All of my designers are set up as master categories. All of the different types of products are set up as linked categories. It is a digital scrapbook store. So, we have categories like digital kits, templates, word art, babies, children, teens, Summer, Thanksgiving, just to name a few. They are all just regular categories.

If I want to do a sale on everything in the store from every designer that is a word art, if I go to SaleMaker and click the Word Art category box, the sale doesn't work.

What am I missing here?

Plugin Contributions

K, I don't know if this helps at all or if you can even see this. This is what my sales screen looks like (I cut out and edited it so it isn't so long) I have my sale set up for all Commercial Use products to be on sale, but none of them are showing up on sale in the store. From our previous conversation, I believe that is because Commercial Use products is not a master category, just a linked category, down further you can see the Manufacturers all listed and they are all set up as master categories, but I don't want their whole stores on sale, just the Commercial Use products of all manufacturers. Is this possible?

Plugin Contributions

If you were to put a designer category on Sale, then the Sale would show in whatever Category it appears in as that is the master_categories_id ...

If you put on of the other Categories on Sale, it would not show as it is *not* the master_categories_id ...

If you wanted any Product in a Category like Thanksgiving on Sale, you would need to change the master_categories_id for those Products to use the Thanksgiving Category as its master_categories_id ... after the Sale, you could then change the master_categories_id back to the specific designers Category ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Salemaker Not applying to all products

THANK YOU !! ! This helped me tremendously ! I guess it pays to look at everything on the Products to Multiple Categories Link Manager page, and not just the top part ! LOL
    Thanks again aussiesapphire !

Quote Originally Posted by aussiesapphire View Post
    I had this problem also with sale price applying to some products and not others (seemingly randomly). As Ajeh has said a number of times through this thread, it turned out the problem was caused because some products had no master category id. Not sure why, perhaps something to do with an easy populate upload.

For me, the easiest way to fix was to go to the multiple category link manager (where you can link a product to more than one category - accessed when you copy a product). Right at the bottom of this screen is an option to reset the master category id for all products in that category. Once I did this for each category that I wanted to put on sale, problem solved.

cheers
    Leah

Plugin Contributions

The easiest way to fix the salemaker is to go to the store manager, and click the reset button for the Master categories ID. If your products are loaded by an IT company such as mine are, your it guy may have become lazy and just never loaded the master category id, or somehow, the field did not populate correctly. This will reset, and populate it so that zen "sees" the product again, and can apply a sale to those items.

It does work on 1.5.1, and on older versions. I just did this because an entire supplier's products would not launch sales applied to the whole store, and the other 2 supplier's merchandise already had the ability to have the sales added.

I was going nuts trying to figure this out, and finally figured it out. I found a solution online, and it worked great..

Good Luck.. Don't let the inventory companies employees that have sales sites trick you.. Look in the forums, you will eventually find a solution!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast