Plugin Contributions

Default increasing the sale price?

ok so we have a certain mfg line item that has regular prices and sale prices. so the sale prices are going to be removed.

we want to increase the sale price. make sense? so the regular price is $6599 and the sale price would be $6928.95. that's a 5% increase. the reason is there is a temporary 5% price increase and then later on i can remove the sale price so it'll be back to the normal regular price

i looked in the forum for a sql line i could inject through the admin but could not find it

is there a way to do it?

thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: increasing the sale price?

I'm assuming you're referring to regular price (selling price), not sale price. Sale price would be regular price crossed out and a discounted (sale) price shown next to it.

NOTE: this will update your regular price, it has nothing to do with sale prices.
    The following SQL query ran from admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches should do the trick (please make sure you backup your database BEFORE running any SQL queries in case something goes wrong):
    Code:
    UPDATE products set products_price = products_price * 1.05 WHERE manufacturers_id = '123';
    You will, of course, need to change the text in red to match your manufacturers ID

Plugin Contributions

no sir, exactly as i said, our regular prices has a surcharge of +5% temporarily due to rising mfg raw costs. so instead of changing the regular price, we want to add 5% and create a higher price listed as the sale price. this way, when the mfg decides to remove the surcharge, we can kill off the sale price.

Plugin Contributions

maybe a visual will help

you see the regular price is 6999. but the mfg has temporarily placed a 5% surcharge to retail pricing due to rising mfg raw costs. so they want us to put the new price of 7348.95. this is temporary. once the world fixes itself, they will ask us to remove the 5% surcharge.

i just thought it would be easier to do it this way so i can remove the sale price from this mfg once they as us to go back to regular pricing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Using product_price_sorter vs just product_price would get the visual BUT, you would still have to get rid of or change the line announcing the amount off.

Haven't tried but, it might be possible to add m_123.css to do a display:none or different memo to that statement.

If that m_123.css does not work, you could temporarily copy the items to new category (Temporary Surcharges), use the cat description to let the customer know it is temporary, set pricing in the Temporary Surcharge Cat, turn off the original cat from displaying, and swap which one displays when the charge goes away.

Plugin Contributions

do what? sorry, i am learning a little back here and there but don't get what you said

Plugin Contributions

In post #2, balihr suggests using products_price in the sql statement. You would need to use products_price_sorter in order to have the price in the right spot.
    Code:
    UPDATE products set products_price_sorter = products_price * 1.05 WHERE manufacturers_id = '123';
    Still that would leave the red lettering and confusing Save -5% off that you show in the image of post #4

There are special CSS stylesheets that could be used to control that extra verbiage for either a manufacturer or category but, IMHO all the proceeding steps are just troublesome.

I would create a new category called Temporary Surcharged Items. I would copy the effected items from their other locations into the new category while making sure that I copy any attributes.

Using the Description for the Temporary Surcharged Items, you could explain to the customer that these charges are temporary and will be removed by.......

Then you could use
    Code:
    UPDATE products set products_price = products_price * 1.05 WHERE master_categories_id = '123';
    where 123 is the category id of the Temporary Surcharged Items category you created.

If you used manufacturers_id is this MySQL it would change prices in both places and you don't want that.

The last thing is to disable the original items, categories, etc so that only the Temp Category is seen by the customer. They will see what looks like a standard checkout with no confusing red special text.

When the surcharge is lifted, simply disable the Temp category and turn the original items, categories, etc back on.

Hopefully, that explains it a little better.