Plugin Contributions

Default Network Solutions Install Help

Hello, I cam across Zen Cart and just love it, ive tried it out on test servers and prefer it over all the other tools. Just wanted to say thanks for the program before I go off talking about my problems.

First off, I am a web designer and liked working with the program on the test server i was using. I uploaded all the files and changed the permissions and that works great. the thing im having problems with the installation the URL of my website is www.nucrisp.com and i installed it in the /zen directory so for the virtual http path and Virtual HTTPS Server and Path i put http://nucrisp.com/zen and when i get to database setup.

Database Host - localhost
    Database username - derbra1513
    Database Password - w*******
    Database Name - nucrisp
    Database sessions - yes
    SQL Cache Directory - /data/11/0/159/88/811577/user/832689/htdocs/zen/cache
    Connection to Database failed
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) more info...

Now when i did it before with the same settings it cam up with no errors, I apolagize for being such noob but i will appreciate any help. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Network Solutions Install Help

This is one of your image pathways on an http page - which shows you where you went wrong on the install:
    https://www.nucrisp.com/htdocs/zen/includes/templates/template_default/images/logo.gif

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, im not sure if its possible but do you know where i went wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Connection to Database failed
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
    This would suggest something different with the way "localhost" is configured for database communication.

How did you create the database? What permissions did you assign to the user you linked to it? Are you sure that "localhost" is correct for the name of the database server?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I realy do apolagize for how newbie i am but the 1st time i installed it, it worked and went onto the next step, As far as i know the tech support said that I should have no problems with the install (all the MySQL settings are ok) It could be that im connnecting to the worng database, but am i putting the right links in the Virtual HTTP and HTTPS fields?

(when i instlled the first time it went through all the steps but when i clicked on the account manager link it didnt work)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Why not leave SSL support off for now, and get the rest of the site working.
    Then you can configure SSL later.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well you were right i think it was the database name i put in the direct IP and it installed, so so far so good i can get into the admin and edit the store and i believe its up and running, what i have now is a website that i already have, and what i want to do is have zencart make my store and pop the code it makes into my tables on my old website anyone have any experience doing that?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by derbra1513
    what i have now is a website that i already have, and what i want to do is have zencart make my store and pop the code it makes into my tables on my old website anyone have any experience doing that?
    Zen Cart is designed to "be" your site, or at least your store.
    You'll be far further ahead making Zen Cart look like your site than you will be taking pieces of Zen Cart to paste into your existing site.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar problem on Network Solutions (Not my first ZenCart install...and not the first one on Network Solutions either).

During the setup, I get to the database setup and that's where my problem occurs.

I enter all the info...I have checked it over and over.

This is the error I receive when trying to move to the next step:

Access denied for user 'prov'@'205.178.145.65' (using password: YES)

Now, here's the interesting thing. When I enter the database host, I am entering this info:

But, for some reason, the error indicates that it is:

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Access denied for user 'prov'@'205.178.145.65' (using password: YES)

When I enter the database host, I am entering this info: 205.178.146.19
    the .65 is your webserver's IP
    the .19 is your database server's IP

You need to use your hosting control panel to grant access for 'prov'@'205.178.145.65'. If you need help for "how", you'll need to talk to your host's tech support.