Plugin Contributions

Add products using CSS

Hi... (didn't wanna say this, but I'm gonna hav 2) I'm new at all this & have been struggling with zen-cart for about a month or so. I know absolutely nothing about CSS, except a few things I've figured out since starting with zen. I've read "the manual" and searched forums (which helped me quite a bit... thx) etc, etc, etc.

I would just like to now whether there's any way to ADD products using CSS? I found something on how to update products using CSS, but it's all greek to me, so I don't know whether that's what I'm looking for or not. It's posted here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14096

I have to finish the site by end of today and hav about 40 odd products to add... (and still a lot of customizing too) using admin to do this is very time consuming. It would help immensely if someone could tell me if this can be done.

Thx sooooo much (in advance)
    Jo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add products using CSS

Quote Originally Posted by Joné
    Hi... (didn't wanna say this, but I'm gonna hav 2) I'm new at all this & have been struggling with zen-cart for about a month or so. I know absolutely nothing about CSS, except a few things I've figured out since starting with zen. I've read "the manual" and searched forums (which helped me quite a bit... thx) etc, etc, etc.

I would just like to now whether there's any way to ADD products using CSS? I found something on how to update products using CSS, but it's all greek to me, so I don't know whether that's what I'm looking for or not. It's posted here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14096

I have to finish the site by end of today and hav about 40 odd products to add... (and still a lot of customizing too) using admin to do this is very time consuming. It would help immensely if someone could tell me if this can be done.

Thx sooooo much (in advance)
    Jo
    Sorry Jo, you can't add products with CSS. Product information is held in your database and CSS has no contact with your database. It is used only to control the look and feel of your site.

To get at your database you have to go via Admin. There are some add-ins that might help you. In particular Easy Populate for uploading data about your 40 products and Image Handler for your product pics
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add products using CSS

k... thx so much anyway! quite a speedy reply (thx for that 2) njoy the rest of ur day! (& ur weekend)