Plugin Contributions

Default Question about hosting Zen Cart...

Right now I have ZC installed at GoDaddy.com. But for some reason I am not able to do a backup through the ZC Admin panel. (It's a GoDaddy hosting thing, I think.) I am not very confident in my ability to adequately backup the cart so I can restore it if necessary later. I know there are hosts that allow the backup function to work correctly. Who do you recommend? I've checked out the hosts listed on the ZC site already. Any other recommendations? Or possibly a Manual Backup for Dummies step-by-step tutorial?

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about hosting Zen Cart...

Did you install the Backup MySQL add-on?

Zen Cart does not have a built in backup for your database, and this add-on was created to manage fast backups for you ...

Now whether it will work with your GoDaddy hosting may be another story ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here's how to do a backup via phpMyAdmin:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...P_THE_DATABASE

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh yeah, I did install the Backup Addon in the beginning. I forgot that was an Addon. Anyway, GoDaddy has some setting that doesn't allow that to work. That's why I'm concerned about adequately backing up manually so I can start experimenting with layout and stuff in the store and still be able to restore it to at least the way I have it right now.

I followed the instructions on the Wiki that Dr. Byte pointed me to. I was able to do the "TO BACKUP THE DATABASE" part, just fine. Then I went to my Admin section and added a few test things that would be okay to overwrite. But when I went back to follow the "restore" instructions, I get stuck because I don't see a "Browse" button at all to get to the backup stored on my desktop.

There's no "Import" tab. There is a "SQL" tab. Which brings up a place where you can type something in. It says, "Run SQL query/queries on database..." and a "Go" button. The tabs across the top say, "Structure, SQL, Search, Query, Export".

Got any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about backing up Zen Cart...

Anybody know where I can find the elusive "browse" button? How can I import my backup? I'd really like to get going with ZC!

Plugin Contributions

in phpmyadmin
    open the dayabase you want to backup,
    you will hit either SQL or import depending on the version

you will see the browse box there,

otherwise you can hit the sql button and copy and paste the sql into the box in sections and hit GO
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about backing up Zen Cart...

Well, I finally found the "browse" button so I could upload my backup. I noticed there were two SQL buttons. The one on the right hand side of the screen was an icon picture of SQL. I click on that one instead of the SQL tab at the top of the right window and Voila! A new window opened and this window had a "browse" button.

Maybe this will help someone else sometime. I was able to restore the ZC back to what it was before I added a test category.

Another couple questions... What can I NOT restore by uploading this sql backup? In other words, what should I not mess with if I still want to be able to restore it?

What are the "files" aside from this SQL database backup that I should backup?

Thanks a lot for your patience and answers! I'm excited to get my ZC all fixed up!

Plugin Contributions

Godaddy PHP problem,

I'm new to Godaddy, I try to install ZEn but get PHP not installed. I added a database to Godaddy and able to access the PHP MyAdmin.

Another problem is that I can't change the permission to 777 on the configure.php files.

please help , I'm stuck.

Eran

Plugin Contributions

you may want to search for godaddy,
    they have issues,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I have the Economy Hosting (Linux) with PHP. I think I remember I had to email GoDaddy about allowing me to change the permissions on the files. I am able to do it now that they changed a setting of some sort.

You might not want to do this if you are running something that may break by switching operating systems. Do this at your own risk...

You can change your hosted account from Windows type to Linux by logging in and clicking on your hosted account. On the right-hand side there should be a link that says, "Change operating system". It might take a little while for it to change over.