Thread: Admin Levels

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Levels

In the admin under tools>admin settings, you can create additional admin logins. The last box on this screen says "admin level". Where do I find out what the different admin levels are? I need to make an admin level that can only add or remove products.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Levels

You might want to look at Admin Profiles in the downloads section to do what you want.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    You might want to look at Admin Profiles in the downloads section to do what you want.
    hi kim. i installed that mod and there are 2 items to note:

1) it has a bug similar to the [similar] admin settings mod for osC - upon creation of a new admin, it will login under that account and with no privelages. minor perhaps since this doesnt repeat; it does for osC.

2) the field with description "Admin Level for this login" still isn't defined, which i believe was the original question.

i'm guessing we can ignore this field... it isnt refered to in the wiki or readme/install files.

Plugin Contributions

field description appears only after creation... would be nice before the fact, unless you like shooting craps with admin settings!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by neuzen
    i installed that mod and there are 2 items to note:

1) it has a bug similar to the [similar] admin settings mod for osC - upon creation of a new admin, it will login under that account and with no privelages. minor perhaps since this doesnt repeat; it does for osC.

2) the field with description "Admin Level for this login" still isn't defined, which i believe was the original question.

i'm guessing we can ignore this field... it isnt refered to in the wiki or readme/install files.

field description appears only after creation... would be nice before the fact, unless you like shooting craps with admin settings!
    1. bug fixed in next version of Zen Cart
    2. rest of issues will be addressed in one way or another during the admin rewrite

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I just run into this little problem too.
    I was able to "unstuck" myself by accessing the pages directly for the newly created admin. In my case, I only had two admins, the original and the one that I had just created. So, the Id for the newly created admin was =2.

(You can also see the id for the admin by looking at your zen database under you "admin" table. The id is on the "admin_id" column)

I typed on the web browser address:

http://www.yourwebsiteaddress.com/ze...l.php?adminID=2

Then I checked all of the boxes for this newly created admin and save the changes.

Plugin Contributions

THe bug referred to above is one that I suspect had been carried into Zen Cart from osCommerce and meant that when a new admin user was created and register_globals was ON a variable that should have been local and contained the ID of the new user overwrote another variable used more widely and containing the ID of the current admin user.

This was fixed two releases of Zen cart ago. So rather than finding ways around the bug, a much more secure way of working would be to upgrade to the current version of Zen Cart and take advantage not just of this fix, but literally hundreds of other changes and enhancements.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)