Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adding to the Information Side Box

On the Information side box there are some things on there like: Shipping, Privacy, Gift Certificate, etc.. How do you add something new to this box or how would you change one of them to something else? Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding to the Information Side Box

Alright I have done some searching and I see where people say to use EZ Pages and I have tried creating a page using that and it doesnt show up.. I have tried turning the EZ box on, but that doesnt work either.. I have turned off the More Information Box and it still wont show up. All I really want to do is take off a couple of the things in the Information Box such as Gift Certificates and a couple more... I would like to add pages for sizing. Any help would be appreciated..

Plugin Contributions

Turning off Gift Certificates is automatic if you go to the Admin ... Modules ... Order Totals ... and remove the Gift Certificates ...

EZ-Pages has its own sideboxe ... be sure to turn it on in the Layout Controller ...

Then in the Tools ... EZ-Pages ... the links you want to show need to be set for the Sidebox and have a Sort Order ...

There is also a global switch in the Configuration ... EZ-Pages Settings ... for controlling the Header, Footer and Sidebox ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay Im slightly confused about why you need to have an internal link or an external one? I left those blank so that is probably why Im not getting anything to show up because I have turned the sidebox option on in the Tools EZ-Pages part and the Configuration EZ-Pages as well and I still have zippo...

If Im creating a page for information such as Sizes as I stated before, what link do I need? There isnt a link yet because I cant get the page to show up...

Would it be easier to just add the info I want on the More Information Box(which I have been able to make show up) and then just put that info in page 2? If so I still dont know how to change the Title from Page 2 to Sizing..

Plugin Contributions

You can do it any way that you prefer ...

EZ-Pages was made so that you did not have to think to add additional pages and could have links appear either in the Header, Footer or in a sidebox ... or, if you get creative, add a link anywhere else ...

If you want to use one of the existing pages, you can do that as well ...

I am not really sure what you want or what is best for you ... both options are available to you ... in addition to the processes of manually making all of your own pages ... although that option is a lot more work ...

As to changing text from one thing to another ... such as Page 2 to Sizing ...

Go into the Admin ... Tools ... Developer's Tool Kit ...

In the bottom input box type the text you want to change, in this case: page 2

NOTE: this is not case sensative

And select Catalog ... Click Search ...

This will locate for you the define statement for the language file ...

You could also type in the constant and locate where it is used in the same manner ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Im being difficult here.. I did the search for page 2, page2, page_2, and even define_page_2 and got zero results back...

Here is what I want to do.. I like the links and pages in the Information Side Box that you can edit with the Define Page Editor tool. The ones that say Shipping, Privacy, etc.. Some of them I need. Some of them I really dont need.. But I would like to add a couple. The main one I want for now is a sizing page because we sell T Shirts and measurements are something that we get alot of emails about.. I cant get the EZ Page to work for me.. I can add HTML for the page 2 on the Define Page Editor, but the only problem with that is that when you look at it on the website the title "Page 2" doesnt really explain what it is. So i figured there had to be a way to change it to say "Sizing & Measurements" or I will even settle for "Sizing".. Page 2 wouldnt draw people to it and therefore would defeat the purpose.. You can check out my site to see what Im talking about if you like.. www.absurdatees.com .. Its just a loose end. Im more concerned with adding the products now, but its annoying because I know there has to be a way to create this page and have it near the other information there and the link to actually say what the page is... Why have the Page 2 option if you cant change the title?

Plugin Contributions

Couple of things ...

You do not want your directory for your shop to be in a directory with spaces or upper case letters ...

1 you are asking for trouble with spaces ...

2 no one will ever think to type an upper case letter for an URL on a website ...

In the language files you have to have a define for Page 2 or we would not be seeing it ...

I don't know why you cannot find it in the Developer's Tool Kit other than your directory name contains spaces and could be throwing errors ...

Look in the language file for this:
    /includes/languages/english.php

Line #148 : define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2', 'Page 2');
    NOTE: be sure to use your templates and overrides for the language file and do not edit the original directly ...

NOTE: Not sure who you are hosting with but your site is a dog ... might want to ask them if you are on an overloaded server or what the problem is ... but you are showing up as being on a server with 2000+ other sites ...

http://whois.domaintools.com/absurdatees.com
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Im not sure how the space happened.. somehow between uploading via drag and drop and using dreamweaver i managed to create the space while I was setting it up.. i dont think I can rename it without having to redo everything and with all of the setbacks I have had this summer I cant afford to start over again.... As for my server, not sure what i can do about that either... I am with godaddy for now... thanks for the help, i will try it out and see if anything else happens or doesnt...

Plugin Contributions

That was exactly what i needed. thanks so much for the multi-post help and for pointing out about my server...

Plugin Contributions

Also to add to this for anyone else who runs across this. Once you change the Title to whatever you want it to be in the Information Side Box you must also change the Heading in the page that will appear once you click the side box title.. To change the heading on the page to be the same as your side box title simply go into your includes/languages/english folder and find the file that is the same name as the old page. For example if you wanted to change the 'Privacy Statement' link to become an 'About Us' page you would open up the 'Privacy' file that is in the above mentioned directory and change the names. Its easy. Thanks again for the help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast