Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates 1.3 ?

Will Quick Orders be upgraded for ZC v1.5 soon?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by richardtuttle View Post
    Will Quick Orders be upgraded for ZC v1.5 soon?
    Personally I had no plans to update this version of quick updates. But if only page registration is needed it will be very easy.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am running zencart version 1.39h with quick updates version 1.3 and what I want to know if it is possible to add and extra column for stock location. We have at present added another field in the product section for the location of stock but would really like to get quick updates to work with the location field as well.

If someone can point me in the correct direction it would be a great help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1952 View Post
    Hi,

I am running zencart version 1.39h with quick updates version 1.3 and what I want to know if it is possible to add and extra column for stock location. We have at present added another field in the product section for the location of stock but would really like to get quick updates to work with the location field as well.

If someone can point me in the correct direction it would be a great help.
    Bruce,

If the custom field you are looking to add is in the products table, it should be rather simple to add. You should find a similar column with a data type that is the same as the one you are using, and then use that to model your edits.

You will basically duplicate the code and then adjust for our table column name.

Did that make sense??

Plugin Contributions

Quick updates is probably the most useful add on for us. We use it everyday to update by manufacturer, to know the stock and place orders by manufacturer and many other things. Am I missing some newer feature in Zen Cart? Or is there some other add on that does this? We would have a very hard time running our site without it.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Yeah... I'm thinking of downgrading from 1.5 if we can't use this module... Any hope to get this working?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    Personally I had no plans to update this version of quick updates. But if only page registration is needed it will be very easy.
    Yes it's just admin page registration that is needed; I looked at how to do this but would take me time to learn so have asked client if they want to pay me to do it.
    I have tested Quick Updates in 1.5.0 and works fine you just need to manually go to the pages:
    main: http://www.yourdomain.com.au/admin/quick_updates.php
    configuration: http://www.yourdomain.com.au/admin/c...ion.php?gID=31

Plugin Contributions

This is such an exceptional module! Many thanks to Paul Mathot. According to Paul the change should be simple, that of course is relative. Thanks again for this module!

Anyway, I just wanted to reiterate that quick updates V2.05 does appear to be functioning properly with ZC1.5. Proper registration is what’s needed. After a full install of QU2.05 on ZC1.5 and tinkering with the values (may have created a record) in the following tables appears to have QU2.05 showing the ‘Set Quick Update Options’ under configuration and ‘Quick Updates’ under catalog.

I have 1 Quick Updates record in configuration_group, 1 record in admin_pages, 17 records in configuration.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Paul!

I sat down and did the work to update 2.05 to work with 1.5. Basically, I adopted the same method I use for EP4. So you also preserve the ability to modify your configuration values.

The modifications should work for both 1.39 and 1.5. You just upload the files, go to Catalog > Quick Updates and click on the Install button. Configuration entries are created and so are the proper Admin pages (I hope correctly!).

If you want, I can send you the files and you can update yourself. One thing of note, the old version upgrade sql are all defunct. Let me know what you want me to do.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hey Chadd,

If you can upload the files for everyone to use, that would be great. Perhaps maybe even upload it to the plugin section as a new version.

Thanks.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast