Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates 1.3 ?

Sorry, I removed the quick_updates-v-november-8th-2006 attachement.

I was experimenting with:
    I hope to have some time soon to clean up the page selection/sort order links logic.
    and it appears to be a lot easier than I expected :-)

So I will upload another version later today, which includes this fix (and maybe more).

Plugin Contributions

No time to add more today.

But this version remembers (using the session array) the: sort order, HTML editor, max number of lines per page, the category and manufacturer selected when you click a link. For example when selecting another page with products.

(note: selecting another page *using the dropdown* even did not work at all in the previous version I had, so this version also fixes a bug).

quick_updates-v-november-8th-2006-2 attached to this post
    Last edited by paulm; 25 Nov 2006 at 09:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

This is just a thought and I'm not sure if it can be done but I think it would make this contribution one of the most versatile and useful mods out there (not that it isn't already but it would be better).

I am wondering if Quick Updates can be configured to add multiple products to categories simultaneously.

Say that you have an empty or even populated category and you wanted to add say three products to that category, you could navigate to the category and you would see a button at the top of the admin to add blank products and by pressing that button you would get a blank entry showing, clicking it three times you would get three blank entries. From there you could cut and paste your information into the product listings from one page an d submit them simultaneously.

I know I could use easy populate for this but I have tried three times to set up easy populate for my store and I have never been successful at using it. I have added all my products by hand. Actually I think if this were available to people who already had stores populated it would make this contribution the number one sought after modification for zen cart.

Well, it's just a thought. a good one i think but let me know if it's at all feasible or not.

mafiasam

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mafiasam View Post
    This is just a thought and I'm not sure if it can be done but I think it would make this contribution one of the most versatile and useful mods out there (not that it isn't already but it would be better).

I am wondering if Quick Updates can be configured to add multiple products to categories simultaneously.

Say that you have an empty or even populated category and you wanted to add say three products to that category, you could navigate to the category and you would see a button at the top of the admin to add blank products and by pressing that button you would get a blank entry showing, clicking it three times you would get three blank entries. From there you could cut and paste your information into the product listings from one page an d submit them simultaneously.

I know I could use easy populate for this but I have tried three times to set up easy populate for my store and I have never been successful at using it. I have added all my products by hand. Actually I think if this were available to people who already had stores populated it would make this contribution the number one sought after modification for zen cart.

Well, it's just a thought. a good one i think but let me know if it's at all feasible or not.

mafiasam

I was thinking the same thing last night. My products are all the same price, weight, description, etc. and I sit here all night pressing "copy". To me, this is the best mod and adding a mult. product function like this would make it unbeatable. (the user tracking mod is another favorite)

Thank you to the Quick Updates maker(s)!!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi mafiasam and craftzombie,

I certainly agree this would be a very usefull addon to the quick_updates mod, and I already have been thinking about adding such a fuctionality. Currently, on my own cart, I have added a separate admin page which allows me add new products by copying a "template product" (in one click). It is always copied to a special "import category" I have setup, and I move it to the right category (and update the other info) using quick_updates.

If I find some time, hopefully the coming week, I will certainly move this functionality to the quick_updates mod and make it copy this template product to the selected category. Then adding new products would only take two clicks, one to select the category and one to actually add it (and more if you need to edit the new product of course).

Plugin Contributions

This is such a great mod. Have you ever considered doing the same thing for Attributes? The ability to quickly add and update attributes would be great.

One other thing have you had a chance to look at the pop up display for IE.

Thanks again for the great work.
    George Garcia

Plushcosmetics.net

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paulm View Post
    Hi mafiasam and craftzombie,

I certainly agree this would be a very usefull addon to the quick_updates mod, and I already have been thinking about adding such a fuctionality. Currently, on my own cart, I have added a separate admin page which allows me add new products by copying a "template product" (in one click). It is always copied to a special "import category" I have setup, and I move it to the right category (and update the other info) using quick_updates.

If I find some time, hopefully the coming week, I will certainly move this functionality to the quick_updates mod and make it copy this template product to the selected category. Then adding new products would only take two clicks, one to select the category and one to actually add it (and more if you need to edit the new product of course).
    That sounds great. I have so many products to add in the next few weeks that I wish I had it now but I'm always adding products so I can wait.
    Once you get it done I'll buy you a cup of joe. Or I could even buy you one now. Let me know where I can contribute Paulm.

Thanks for the great support on this.

mafiasam

Plugin Contributions

Once you get it done I'll buy you a cup of joe.
    Don't know what "a cup joe" is (English is not my native language). But I assume it's something good ;-) Maybe better buy one for Andrew (a_berezin) first, he did a lot of good work on this contribution! It was *very* messy before he updated it.

I have made some important (but bearly any visible) changes to the mod today. Anyone willing to test it? Only usefull if feedback is going to be returned of course.

Plugin Contributions

Don't know what "a cup joe" is (English is not my native language). But I assume it's something good ;-)
    cup of joe = cup of coffee

I'm a homeschooler and I just taught my son about idioms. Check these out: http://www.idiomsite.com/

(cup of joe: According to the June 2004 issue of Sea magazine (volume 96, no. 6, page
    22): When Josephus Daniels became secretary of the Navy in 1913, he
    prohibited alcohol aboard all U.S. Navy vessels - making coffee the
    strongest drink that could be served on board. For that reason, sailors
    started referring to a mug of strong coffee as "a cup of Joe". - idiomsite.com)
    Last edited by craftzombie; 13 Nov 2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added info silly!

Plugin Contributions

Don't know what "a cup joe" is (English is not my native language). But I assume it's something good ;-) Maybe better buy one for Andrew (a_berezin) first, he did a lot of good work on this contribution! It was *very* messy before he updated it.

I have made some important (but bearly any visible) changes to the mod today. Anyone willing to test it? Only usefull if feedback is going to be returned of course.
    I would be glad to test on my site. I can test with both IE and Firefox browsers.

Thanks,
    George Garcia

Plushcosmetics.net

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast