Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfer Products Help

A database in Zen Cart terms has nothing to do with files.
    MySQL stores your data in its separate space, granting you access to your data via your username and password.
    You cannot just copy a file to copy a database.
    You use phpMyAdmin to access it (or some other tool provided by your host).

As I mentioned, data-transfer is a complex topic, and you will have a steep learning curve to accomplish what you're attempting on your own.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transfer Products Help

Thanks for all your help... Im still stumped on a lot of things so I decided to upload the new store and reupload all my products from scratch. Its been time consuming but so is trying to figure out how to transfer the products. In the end I figure its going to cost me the same about of time to do either.

At least this way I can fix some of the products that were filed away wrong or had the wrong attributes when I really didnt know what I was doing with ZenCart. This has also taught me not to jump into an upgrade thinking its going to be easy!

The ZenCart FAQ has been great, especially this page on templates http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.ph...late_customize I encourage everyone having trouble to do a quick scan there first before searching the forums. The FAQ is much better layed out and much easier to search than the threads.

Thank you again for all your help. Even with the problems Im having Im still very happy to work with ZenCart and very happy with the support Ive received through the forums and all the knowledge Im learning about computers, code, etc by working with this cart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12