Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy embed template

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    They're not removed by design at all.. On the site I created and used this template with the sideboxes are off by design (because that's the layout my client wanted).. Of course I am using the older version of this template, and based on the posts, the "problem" with the sideboxes seems to be isolated to the latest version of this template.. If I recall correctly, one of the folks reporting this sidebox issue was able to work fine by installing the older version of this template. (I'll have to read back through the posts a little bit)

Thanks for confirming! That helped me narrow down where to look for the problem. For the benefit of anyone else who runs into this problem of sidebars disappearing when installing this template (which goes to show my amateur knowledge of Zen Cart), it is probably nothing to do with a faulty Sanguine template install, but rather something that happens frequently when installing any kind of template. Apparently, you have to reset the controller boxes by going to Admin > Tools > Layout Boxes Controller, then scroll to the bottom and push the little "Reset" button. That did the trick.

So in other words, in addition to not forgetting to "turn on" the sang_embed template in the admin, perhaps its important not to forget also to "reset" the layout boxes.

Plugin Contributions

When you turn on a new template that zen cart does not come with it has not side box data, so you have to turn them on.
    Its like this with any new template that you add to zen cart.

JOsh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ########################## View Post
    When you turn on a new template that zen cart does not come with it has not side box data, so you have to turn them on.
    Its like this with any new template that you add to zen cart.

JOsh
    Thanks for the information.. I had sorta forgotten about that.. Maybe this explains why I may not have run into this issue.. I have a "stock" custom template I use as the basis of most of my templates which is based on the "Default" stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Hey JOsh,

Thank you so much for this module!!!

I have a simple site through which I am selling tours. I had already designed most of the sight before I settled on Zen Cart for the shopping cart.

This module makes it all work. I can run a basic zen cart within my site, but still have the powerful zen cart back end.

I'm still working through the kinks, including the notorious 'double footer' that I see others have struggled with. But I have a few workarounds that I'm going to try. Overall, though, I'm stoked.

I'll put a link up to my site once it's live.

Matt @ Lord Henry's

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a little trouble getting the template to fit inside my design

here is my store:

http://djdesignsite.com/cart/

and here is the design I'm trying to fit it inside:

http://www.djdesignsite.com/saviorfaire/

I notice some elements of my site appearing but I think I botched something in my code

any help is greatly appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Upcomming features

Just a quick update:
    So for the first time in ages I have the funding to work on the 2.0 release of the easy embed template. adn guess what I also have the funding for.
    using the css per page code I have the funding to do a markup file per product/page and all that.

JOsh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlocks1221 View Post
    I'm having a little trouble getting the template to fit inside my design

here is my store:

http://djdesignsite.com/cart/

and here is the design I'm trying to fit it inside:

http://www.djdesignsite.com/saviorfaire/

I notice some elements of my site appearing but I think I botched something in my code

any help is greatly appreciated
    I don't have much time but a quick short response to you issue is easy. paths to images and links are all done in a relative format.
    try doing them as absolute formats (href="page.html")/(href="/page.html")

good luck

Plugin Contributions

Hi JOsh,
    I have just installed Zen Cart version 1.3.8a and while trying to customize it, found your embed template.

I am having the same issue of the Double Footer that I saw others were having, but I never read what their solution was.
    After looking into the code, I think it may be a PHP version issue with the regular expressions.(just my hunch)

I am on a HostGator site running PHP version 5.2.5

My Issue:
    My site comes up with the full template displayed, Header then Footer.(without the zen-cart in the designated place), then the Zen Cart, then the Footer again.

Looking at the source of the HTML, I see the headers created by the Easy Embed template. Within the header tags, the full source to my custom template. Then the code for Zen Cart. Then, lastly, the footer from my custom template again.

Looking at the html_header.php page, I'm guessing that the insideHead() function is grabbing the entire string, and not just from the beginning to the </head> tag. I think this because when viewing the source of the displayed page, the </head> that is generated from the second to the last line in the html_header.php page is displayed after the </html> from my custom template page.

Also in the source of the displayed page, I don't see any output from where the bodyTop() function should have put it. I can see the two <!--bof- easy embed template top--> tags but there is nothing but a blank space between them.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with these expressions used to grab the code, but wonder if there is a conflict in server versions.

I just wondered what configuration and versions you were using. Not that I have an option of upgrading anything on my hosting server.

I am going to try to create similar functions in a much simpler environment tomorrow to see if there is something else going on.

Thanks for the great work.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marvay View Post
    Hi JOsh,
    I have just installed Zen Cart version 1.3.8a and while trying to customize it, found your embed template.

I am having the same issue of the Double Footer that I saw others were having, but I never read what their solution was.
    After looking into the code, I think it may be a PHP version issue with the regular expressions.(just my hunch)

I am on a HostGator site running PHP version 5.2.5

My Issue:
    My site comes up with the full template displayed, Header then Footer.(without the zen-cart in the designated place), then the Zen Cart, then the Footer again.

Looking at the source of the HTML, I see the headers created by the Easy Embed template. Within the header tags, the full source to my custom template. Then the code for Zen Cart. Then, lastly, the footer from my custom template again.

Looking at the html_header.php page, I'm guessing that the insideHead() function is grabbing the entire string, and not just from the beginning to the </head> tag. I think this because when viewing the source of the displayed page, the </head> that is generated from the second to the last line in the html_header.php page is displayed after the </html> from my custom template page.

Also in the source of the displayed page, I don't see any output from where the bodyTop() function should have put it. I can see the two <!--bof- easy embed template top--> tags but there is nothing but a blank space between them.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with these expressions used to grab the code, but wonder if there is a conflict in server versions.

I just wondered what configuration and versions you were using. Not that I have an option of upgrading anything on my hosting server.

I am going to try to create similar functions in a much simpler environment tomorrow to see if there is something else going on.

Thanks for the great work.

Mike
    Mike its was a known issue plase see the next post.

Plugin Contributions

Default Easy embed template 2.0a released

Hi there I just wanted to give you all a fix for the 2.0 release.
    I have submitted it to zen cart for posting but you can get it faster here
    http://code.google.com/p/sanguineasy...emplatesystem/
    detailed changes can be found here http://code.google.com/p/sanguineasy...em/source/list
    I have even made a zip version. so that you don't have to know subversion.
    What I could use is help with is updating the documentation. please post your suggested changes to the read me file here so that I can add them.
    also if you know Subversion I will give you direct repo access.

JOsh

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast