Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy embed template

Quote Originally Posted by stargre View Post
    Thank you guys! I would definitely look into the program JOsh just mentioned. BTW, maybe I should not ask, but DivaVocal mentioned the joomla extension earlier, which one is it? Thanks a lot!
    If you go to the Joomla extensions area, and browse through the e-commerce section. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but IMO it seems to me that you are not familiar with writing HTML to execute this the way you are attempting to do this.. I think the modules would be your very best bet..

Plugin Contributions

I am rather curious about something. The documentation reads:

"2. Some Where in your html file, you need to put three very specific lines of text. WHERE you put them is up to you, but they must be together and they must be exact. The thing to know is that it goes in the body of the file, and that it goes where you want your Zen Cart to go.

<!-- START EMBED -->
    <!-- END EMBED -->"

What is the third line?

Plugin Contributions

I have figured this out, but this might be useful for other people who read this thread:

Enter the following lines into your html file...

<div id="content">
    <!-- START EMBED -->
    <!-- END EMBED -->
    </div>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_nst View Post
    I have figured this out, but this might be useful for other people who read this thread:

Enter the following lines into your html file...

<div id="content">
    <!-- START EMBED -->
    <!-- END EMBED -->
    </div>
    This is actually already posted several time in this thread.. but it couldn't hurt to post it again..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    This is actually already posted several time in this thread.. but it couldn't hurt to post it again..
    It may be wise to break this thread up into smaller ones, divided by version. I am lucky enough to know my way around PhP, CSS and HTML but by the 24th page, I was so confused by all the conflicting pieces of documentation that I wanted to buy a manual typewriter and say, 'forget the interweb'....

Even the 'read me.txt' file with the latest download contains conflicting information on the embed code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_nst View Post
    It may be wise to break this thread up into smaller ones, divided by version. I am lucky enough to know my way around PhP, CSS and HTML but by the 24th page, I was so confused by all the conflicting pieces of documentation that I wanted to buy a manual typewriter and say, 'forget the interweb'....

Even the 'read me.txt' file with the latest download contains conflicting information on the embed code.
    Nice idea, but lots to maintain by the forum admins I'm sure which is probably why none of the support threads are structured this way..

I have personally gotten into the habit of reading through an entire support thread so that I get a sense of the issues and gotchas before I install an add-on. It personally took me a few reads through this thread to understand the readme.txt (which I agree is not completely clear..) There is one post here which was like the lightbulb going off for me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    Nice idea, but lots to maintain by the forum admins I'm sure which is probably why none of the support threads are structured this way..

I have personally gotten into the habit of reading through an entire support thread so that I get a sense of the issues and gotchas before I install an add-on. It personally took me a few reads through this thread to understand the readme.txt (which I agree is not completely clear..) There is one post here which was like the lightbulb going off for me
    I see what you're getting at - makes a whole lot of sense.

As for your second point, I understand exactly what you are saying. In open source it is usually best to put yourself in a state of information overload. Problem is, the face of open source is changing and less sophisticated users are running into problems.

Heck, I have run into a rather strange problem - everything embeds perfectly - but in the head of the document. The template looks perfect - in fact, everything is perfect, only problem is, the cart itself doesn't work.....

Odd.....perhaps when I get some time, I'll be able to go through and figure out exactly why this is happening.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps it is nothing that I did....

I went back to the previous version of Easy Embed and everything worked perfectly. For some reason, in my layout, version 2.0 embedded my entire html file in the head of the document. This caused some pretty serious problems!!

Great application...

Plugin Contributions

I will say it again if people would like write access to the files so that they can help with code or documentation, just PM me. the only prerequisite is knowing how to use subversion.

Plugin Contributions

I apologize if I've overlooked this, but I've read through the posts and didn't find any information on it.

I have this installed and working on my site.

Is there a way to include the sidebox modules into my template?

Right now I just have the header, top navigation, two blank columns (left, right), cart contents in the center and a footer.

Is there an embed code or can I still use zen carts sideboxes in my template?

I would like the sideboxes to appear in the blank left and right columns. Maybe I just don't have something right or something not correct in the admin settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast