Plugin Contributions

Australia Post Shipping with US currency as default.

Hi,

I am setting up my ZenCart shop to default to US currency, as that is where most of my business is. I have installed the Australia Post module which seems to be working well exect for the following.

The postage costs are being shown in US$ without taking into account the US$ - AUD$ exchange rate.

My guess is that the postage module is expecting the default currency to be AUD$ and is not applying a currency conversion to US$ when it first receives the costs fron the calculator.

For example. the Airmail cost of a pakage to the USA is AUD$13.50. The shopping calculator indicates the cost is US$13.50. If I select Australian currency it shows AUD$17.62

If I change my default currency to AUD$ it all works as expected.

Is there a way for the Australia Post Module to take into account the default currency when calculating the postage costs?

Thanks,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Australia Post Shipping with US currency as default.

I just did a quick test on my Website (inhouse). for a 0.24kg package going to UK
    AUS is $8.50 USD $6.37 and EURO is 5.08 in estimate shipping and in the final checkout process.
    I am using ZC V1.302 and the latest version of Auspost.
    So I believe it is all working

What version are you using ?

Gerard

Plugin Contributions

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest versions of both. Did you try it with your ZC default currency (Set under Admin->Localization->Currencies) set to US$.

It works fine when my admin default currency is set to AUD$, and my shoppers use a different currency, for example EUR$

I think what I need is for the Auspost shipping modules to do a conversion from AUD$ to whaterver the Admin default currency is when receiving the shipping cost back from the Aus Post web site calculator.

Thanks,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Just se mine to DEFAULT CURRENCY USD. Ran the same checks and it worked OK. So I got a bit "parranoid" and closed down windows and reopened it andperformed the same checks. All OK. This problem has me stumped .
    Got a URL ?

Gerard
    PS Off to see Superman now, I will check it out later

Plugin Contributions

Hi Gerard,

I'm still putting the site together. The URL is http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

To test put a product like the ModIO into the shopping basket.

That's stange that it works for you. I've been tearing my hair out for a few days now.

I do quite a bit of programming but no php. I even looked at the module auspostair.php to see what was going on.

At line 112 ' $shipping_auspostair_cost = $charge;' I'm asuming that $charge is the amount returned from Aus Post and is alway in AUD$

If I set up ZC to use a default currency of US$ then the value of $charge is assumed to be in US$ as there is no explicit conversion done. I'd expect to see something like;

$shipping_auspostair_cost = convert_from_AUD_to_default($charge);

If the default currency is set to AUD$ then it would be a 1:1 conversion.

At the moment its showing that the cost for a .4Kg package is US$13.50. If I choose to display prices in AUD$ it goes up to AUD$17.62

I hope I'm not telling you how to suck eggs

Thanks again,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

How bizzare . I just created an account and it works ###### about on your site ? i dont know the answer. maybe you could put a "feeler" out to some of the other australian ZC users and see what happens on theres.

Gerard

Plugin Contributions

Hi Gerard,

I think the answer is in my last email. Irrespective of what the default currency is the external Australia post calculator is going to return the cost of the postage in Australian dollars. Unless that returned value is converted to the default currency it will be incorrect.

If the Default currency is Euros, and the currency converter returns $8.50 it will be treated as EU$8.50

My guess is that most users of the AusPost module have the default currency set to AUD$. As such the problem won't show it self.

BTW how was Superman?

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi Gerard,

I think the answer is in my last email. Irrespective of what the default currency is the external Australia post calculator is going to return the cost of the postage in Australian dollars. Unless that returned value is converted to the default currency it will be incorrect.

If the Default currency is Euros, and the currency converter returns $8.50 it will be treated as EU$8.50

My guess is that most users of the AusPost module have the default currency set to AUD$. As such the problem won't show it self.

BTW how was Superman?

Cheers,

Peter.
    Has the functionality of the module changed in any way that could now allow this? I have a lot of US customers and I'd prefer to leave the currency set default as US dollars.

But I currently have NO shipping module installed and this created a lot of work for me having to email each customer and tell them their shipping instead of having it calculated.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Yes this is fixed in the ozpost module. I use USD as my base currency and also have set up AUD in the currency module.

The ozpost module converts the shipping cost from AUD to the base currency.

Cheers,

Peter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    Hi,

Yes this is fixed in the ozpost module. I use USD as my base currency and also have set up AUD in the currency module.

The ozpost module converts the shipping cost from AUD to the base currency.

Cheers,

Peter.
    Thanks!