Thread: Upload module

Plugin Contributions

Default Upload module

I am having trouble uploading files, I have done everything in the archive thread -Upload Module - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...light=atribute

What i am trying to do is set up a small translation service for my customers, to do this, i have set up a drop down box, an upload box and a very large text field (it requires the customer to paste the whole documnet in the box so an instant quote can be given) All is working fine in this respect, with the atributes.

But it does not want to upload the file on my site. So I set up a new fresh install with the demo site installed and the same is true here.

The site is here

www.fweb.biz/dev/1/ Email abc AT fweb DOT biz Password:12345
    www.fweb.biz/dev/1/admin/ User: abc Password: 12345

The first category 'Tranlation' has 2 product in it one 'Translation No box' and one Translation service (the real Product)

When I do 'Translation No box' (upload only in the product), when I go to checkout all seams fine and all goes through fine, but there is no file to be found.

When I do 'Translation service' all seams fine and checks out ok but no file.

I changed permission on the upload folder to 777 too.

I dont Know if I am doing something wrong or there may be a problem with the upload module. feel free to mess with the site.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upload module

If you peek in the directory /images/uploads do you see a file called:

8.zip

And if you download that file does it match the file that you uploaded?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi sorry for the delay i was on holiday.

Yes what you said was true, but i have deleted all the files now and have tried twice to up load and i am in the same position as before. I am using filezilla and the control pannel filemanager and they both dont see the up loads. I have shut down and twice and still nothing. Maybe it is my conputers 5 of them and still nothing

Do i have to go on hloiday for 10 days for them to appear, (Joke). Would be nice!! but not practicle.

ALSO,. When i went on holiday i put the site on showcase while away and when i got back today i put it back on normal and it would not allow customers to log in. (glitch maybe) I had to delete the store and re-install all (alot of work (with a backup)) and all is now fine?

Regards

Peter

ALL IT IS STILL ON A VIRGIN SITE, NOT MY SITE YET. but i tried on both with no success.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,

It has to be a zip file or it wont upload, so i have now sorted that bit.

The the text box cannot be more than 1 row otherwise the display size does not work and the box spills into the right boxes and looks untidy, it actually goes to the 'e' in search. i have put it on 2 rows for you to see. any suggestions?

Many thanks for your earier response.

Plugin Contributions

Hello again,

I have to use more than one line otherwise the document does not paste only the first line is pasted and the quote is inacurate. But this is also puting the product description off the edge of the page because on my site i dont use the right boxes.

My site (translate product)
    http://www.fweb.biz/store/index.php?...products_id=40

I have stopped the over spill by using messy editing, buy puting returns in the middle of the sentences, but you can still see the add to cart box is floated to the right. I have to leave the product as is because I already had someone requiring our services.

Strange but if you turn the side boxes off on the right on the demo store the text does not spill over the edge, just touches it, unlike my site. By the way i have not updated my site CSS fully yet, from the 1,2,7 release, but will soon and sort the site so it validates.

This appears to be a probem with IE, mozilla is diplaying correct!!!!!

Also the character diplay at the top of the box displays correct in IE but is truncated in Mozilla???

Please help

Regards

Peter

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic, thank you, works a treat!!!!

Although the character count in Mozilla is still truncated.

Cheers