Plugin Contributions

Limit amounts of items customer can pick

Okay.. so heres my scenario. I have a linen and towel rental service that rents bed sheets and towels, and other things people who vacation on the local island would like. We rent them for a week at a time. Now heres my problem...

We have certain things called Family Packs. Theres a Family of 4 Pack, Family of 5 Pack, Family of 6 Pack, and a Family of 8 Pack.

Each pack is allowed a certain amount of sets of sheet. IE the Family of 4 pack gets 3 sets of sheets (this is because we assume the parents will be sleeping in one bed). The 4 pack gets 1 king set, then 2 sets of any other size besides king. The Family 5 Pack gets 1 king set, and 3 other size sets of sheets. Now, weve had big bold print saying how many sets of sheets you can order, but people dont seem to understand and with a family of 4 pack, they pick 4 sets of sheets. And there isnt an option to change an order after its been placed (would be a great feature in next release IMOH).

Bascially, How can i limit the amount of attriubutes they can pick? Thanks :)

Edit: just realized the title isnt stated right, i mean limit amounts of attributes* not items. lol if a mod or someone feels like changing the title, thatd be great :)
    Last edited by mattlowe01; 31 Jul 2006 at 05:57 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Limit amounts of items customer can pick

Still havnt found a solution.. This post has been up for a few days without any replys so i figured id give it a little bump to the top. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

I would assume that this is something in how you have set up the atributes because I cannot choose more than one size of any item in the first cart I could think of that used them (happened to be sizes). Can you supply a url so we can see what is happening.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

How about an URL to your Product setup this way ... then we can see if there is a way to utilize the Maximum/Mixed ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!