Plugin Contributions

Default "Tools > Store Manager > Set next order number" not working properly

I've been trying to reset my order number from a low number (1, 2, 3) to a high 10000 number using the "Tools > Store Manager > Set next order number" field but it doesn't seem to work. I enter the new higher order number and click the reset button and get a successful message at the top stating "The next order number has been set to...". When a new order comes, the order number is still low, the next number following the previous order. I've done this three times and there hasn't been any change.

Everywhere I've searched it says that in resetting the order number, there should be a field to enter the old order number as well as a field to enter the new order number. My Store Manager page only has a field for the new order number. Could this be the culprit?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Tools > Store Manager > Set next order number" not working properly

Are you sure you aren't trying to set the new order number to a value less than an existing number? There's no field (in the current Zencart version) to enter the old order number.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Tools > Store Manager > Set next order number" not working properly

If someone hasn't stated it before, welcome to posting on the Zen Cart forum. Thing is, with regards to your issue ( or any issue to be posted about) there is information that is needed in order to properly frame the situation. This basic information is identified in the posting guidelines that typically appear above the text block to post a message. Also, the "everywhere read" aspect indicating the expectation of two sets of numbers should be identified so that they can be used as a reference point or to maybe get corrected.

I have a 1.5.1 site that was built from the ZC available download section, that also has a single block for entry of the next order number. I haven't tried it in a long time, but I don't recall there being an issue. There is a work around (or several) to set it, but that doesn't truly fix the problem you are having. Further depending on the answers to the questions of the posting guidelines, there may be other issues that just haven't yet been identified.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Are you sure you aren't trying to set the new order number to a value less than an existing number? There's no field (in the current Zencart version) to enter the old order number.
    The first attempt was when the order number was 2 and I tried to change it to 1298 or so. I tried three times each time increasing the new order number. The current order number is 6, tried to change it to 15200.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If someone hasn't stated it before, welcome to posting on the Zen Cart forum. Thing is, with regards to your issue ( or any issue to be posted about) there is information that is needed in order to properly frame the situation. This basic information is identified in the posting guidelines that typically appear above the text block to post a message. Also, the "everywhere read" aspect indicating the expectation of two sets of numbers should be identified so that they can be used as a reference point or to maybe get corrected.

I have a 1.5.1 site that was built from the ZC available download section, that also has a single block for entry of the next order number. I haven't tried it in a long time, but I don't recall there being an issue. There is a work around (or several) to set it, but that doesn't truly fix the problem you are having. Further depending on the answers to the questions of the posting guidelines, there may be other issues that just haven't yet been identified.
    What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.5.1
    Has your site been upgraded? New Install
    What plugins/addons have you installed? reCaptcha
    When? Just after installation
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? one-click install from hosting company
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? PHP Version: 5.2.17 Database: MySQL 5.5.40-36.1-log
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? None other than picaflor-azul template and reCaptcha
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? Yes
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? Yes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowyungunz View Post
    What version of Zen Cart are you using? 1.5.1
    Has your site been upgraded? New Install
    What plugins/addons have you installed? reCaptcha
    When? Just after installation
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? one-click install from hosting company
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? PHP Version: 5.2.17 Database: MySQL 5.5.40-36.1-log
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install? None other than picaflor-azul template and reCaptcha
    HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE FAQ AREA for answers to your question? Yes
    Have you searched the FORUM for your error message or for answers to the question you're asking? Yes
    So, there is a possibility that the issue resides in the code that was provided by the host provider as this was a one click install.. Now that said, there are a few ways to move forward some of which depend on the tools you have available to work with/compare the code, others to just start over on the files... More than likely the database is okay, but the files are likely in question... To be absolutely sure though one could start over with the database and files, but I know that installation of the template can be a bit time consuming, though the quality of the templates from pica-fluor are some of the better looking. :) the easiest thing to try to do would be to download an unaltered copy of ZC from the zen-cart site (http://www.zen-cart.com/getit) there is a newer version than what you have installed, but the php version may need to be increased to fully support it and that may not be possible on your current host. Anyways, after obtaining a fresh copy, then the files would be compared to identify differences within the files and the presence of additional files in your store's version and possibly absence of files... Of course there will be some because of what has been installed/modified, but those should be relatively familiar to you.

I'll try the same action on a copy of 1.5.1, but I don't think I should expect the same problem...

On another note, did the order number by chance attempt to be changed at the same time as someone navigating the site or while checking out?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    after obtaining a fresh copy, then the files would be compared to identify differences within the files and the presence of additional files in your store's version and possibly absence of files... Of course there will be some because of what has been installed/modified, but those should be relatively familiar to you.

did the order number by chance attempt to be changed at the same time as someone navigating the site or while checking out?
    Thanks for the insight. My server uses PHPMyAdmin but I looked at it once and was lost. I have no experience with it.

I have an original zen cart zip file so I can compare the files from that with files in my installation. Which files would I look at first to find discrepancies or to check if they're missing?

I doubt anyone was checking out simultaneously with my changing of the order number. I only had 4 orders in the first week and a half of the install.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chowyungunz View Post
    Thanks for the insight. My server uses PHPMyAdmin but I looked at it once and was lost. I have no experience with it.

I have an original zen cart zip file so I can compare the files from that with files in my installation. Which files would I look at first to find discrepancies or to check if they're missing?

I doubt anyone was checking out simultaneously with my changing of the order number. I only had 4 orders in the first week and a half of the install.
    Guessing somewhat, but would think the admin files, possibly includes/functions folder. But with compare software such as beyond compare or winmerge or something similar.