Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout without account

No, you don't need to install this mod for PPEC to work. The only reason I'm not implementing COWA (this version or the "other" one) is that I don't want upgrades to be a nightmare. So for now, PPEC is fine with me. I'm also one of those buyers that hate to create accounts.

Plugin Contributions

There are only 3 files outside of your template area that are modified.

They are:

admin/orders.php
    includes/filenames.php
    includes/modules/pages/login/jsscript_form_check.php

All other modifed code are inside a folder with your template name on them and should not need to be modified when updating.

It is such a easy fix and worth the modifications.

I wanted to touch on the account no account issues some of the posters have with this mod.

1. Creating an account is only an account if there is customer login interaction.

2. Without customer login action your just have customers information that allows you to bill and ship a product or service and a way to contact that customer if additional information is required in reguard to their order.

Once that order has been fufilled you are free to delete or retain that information as long as it is protected on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by KTNaturals View Post
    No, you don't need to install this mod for PPEC to work. The only reason I'm not implementing COWA (this version or the "other" one) is that I don't want upgrades to be a nightmare. So for now, PPEC is fine with me. I'm also one of those buyers that hate to create accounts.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henryvuong View Post
    One of the reasons I do not want to sign up is security. Signing up with a store means it will keep your information somewhere online, and if this store is hacked, your information is accessible to criminals. Of course without signing up, your information can still be captured, but between a greater risk and a smaller risk, I would choose smaller risk.
    So in other words, you believe that simply because you do not sign up for an account when placing an order on website XYZ, they have not saved the information concerning your order in their database? Including your name, address, what you ordered, email, telephone number, payment method, etc.? This is not a valid argument for COWA.

Plugin Contributions

If you don't want to use the mod then don't use it.

I would rather shop at an online store that doesn't require anlog in and I offer that to my customers.

There isn't an arugment about it on our side.

This is free code to alter as we want to. If you don't want to then don't.

Plugin Contributions

I'll probably be taking a beating for this one, but here goes...

If you are that worried about your information being stolen, should you even be shopping online in the first place? Its not like you are giving away your social security number. Tons of people ALREADY have access to your name and address. Credit card companies are usually good these days about refunding unauthorized charges. I've been shopping A LOT on the web for 10 years and have never had an incident of my information being used against me. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones?

A few years ago, my father wanted to buy something he saw on tv. I told him there was probably a website for it and I would get it for him. He was apprehensive about giving me his cc # (he's in his 70's and totally ignorant to the internet by the way). So I went ahead and used my card and he gave me the cash for it. A few years later, his credit card number was stolen by a waitress at Denny's. His bank did not charge him of course, but I just thought that was ironic since he was so afraid to use his card online.

Anyway, I'm ready for my beating (ooh la la!)...

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I am lost , after reading and reading , which option i best for checkout without account ,

their is no simple way to just turn it off in admin? i have the 1.37

www.tiledepot.us/store

thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motti View Post
    Hello

I am lost , after reading and reading , which option i best for checkout without account ,

their is no simple way to just turn it off in admin? i have the 1.37

www.tiledepot.us/store

thank you
    Nope, no admin switch for this one. If your customers will be using gift certs, downloading things, receiving newsletters through Zen, etc. or if you use Dual Pricing and have wholesale customers, then you should go with optional account. If those don't pertain to you and you just want them to get in and get out, then use mine. Mine is more of a pain when it comes to editing your templates because Zen wasn't made for this. You've got to remove everything that mentions having an account. You don't need to do this with the other mod because people will be able to see that there is an option. They won't be confused when they see "My Account", etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by usernamenone View Post
    If you don't want to use the mod then don't use it.

I would rather shop at an online store that doesn't require anlog in and I offer that to my customers.

There isn't an arugment about it on our side.

This is free code to alter as we want to. If you don't want to then don't.
    I am not arguing against it. I understand that this mod does have some uses for certain types of stores. You apparently missed the point of my post.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
    Merlin, we've been through this so many times now. As I've said time and again, the one overall thing customers who abandon their carts or answer a survey tell us time and again that puts them off, is the login. It's just a fact.
    To follow this up, we've been using COWA for a month now.
    Our completed checkouts are significantly up, abaondoned carts are way down. We used to get over 20 abandoned carts a month - goodness knows how many people didn't even start the process. For the month of April? Four.

I have NO IDEA why this is such a low priority to be core Zen code, or why one person in particular is so set against having this efficient customer-friendly method, but it's working for us very, very well.
    For us, COWA is up there in productivity along with the improved attributes controller.

Plugin Contributions

I installed "Integrated Checkout Without Account" Ver. 1.0 and now my shipping modules won't work. UPS, and USPS tells me to check the ZIP Code because it's unable to find a suitable shipping method. I had this working last week when the store crashed and I re-built it. Everything was working fine, so I added COWOA, but now no one can complete the Checkout.
    I only used the files in the Install Directory, and did not use the "Add ON'S".

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast