Plugin Contributions

Does the New Version just released Support Pay Pal New Payment Processing

Pay Pal now has the Pay Pal Payments Pro, were you can have your customers pay by C/C just as with any other credit card payment processor and not leave your site, except if they are going to use there Pay Pal Account. Is this latest version equipped to handle this new program, back in Jan they said they were working on it. So before I upgrade and upset the laws of physics is this able to be done since this is my main concern that would make it all worth while to upgrade besides the ease of the newer Zen Carts. I just installed a newer version as a subdirectory site for a supplier who will handle all golf componets sale s for me so I made him his own site and configured it with Pay Pal the olfd way, but I very much like the ease of everything in these new versions as I am still running 1.2.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg Schubert
    NYCG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Does the New Version just released Support Pay Pal New Payment Processing

I would upgrade just to get out of that old, out-dated, buggy, security issued ridden code that you have now to at least v1.2.7 if not to v.1.3.0.2 ...

No, the next release will not have anything to do with PayPal until we have re-written the checkout and added the features for a different method of checkout that meets with PayPal's TOC ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Does the New Version just released Support Pay Pal New Payment Processing

Hi Greg,
    Zen cart doesn't support paypal pro,
    this is due to their requiorement of an express checkout,
    meaning that customer enters NO Information on your website,

I remember the developers saying that they would redo the checkout in a later version but that was going to be down the road, and I have seen no confirmed response from the devs on this matter
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I remember the developers saying that they would redo the checkout in a later version but that was going to be down the road
    I think I remember it too. I believe it's covered on a sticky topic from the roadmap section of the forum:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...398#post208398

As for Paypal pro, the answer has already been answered here - by Ajeh:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ght=Paypal+Pro