Plugin Contributions

Default Change page flow and construct hybrid page

Hi

I have my zen cart up and running, thanks for all the help so far.

I need a very basic and simple cart, as I have just one product. I therefore want to do away with the main shopping cart page, and go direct to the checkout. At this point I want to have all of the details on one page, no register or signup or anything. I would very much appreciate advice on two main points.

1 How do I alter the 'page flow'? Especially how do I get zen cart to begin with a different page. If this is the wrong question, how do I get zen cart to have as its first page one of the pages at present a later page. I have tried altering the main page status, but this seems to make no difference to where the program 'goes'.

( I have read the ezpages material several times, but it doesn't seem to contain any info on how to actutally insert a new page!?!? I must be having a brain dead day, I've read through 'What is ezpages? ' many times and I just don't get it. I don't understand what it is. Is it a set of instructions? Is it a way of doing things? How do I actually use it? I have found the ezpages settings in admin, but I don't understand how to use them.
    Please could someone tell me 'to make a new page you ...'. )

2 How do I alter the things on the page. This seems such a basic question that I am sure it is in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it! I have looked at all of the categories on admin page, and all of the categories on the admin wiki. So I must be looking straight at it, and not seeing it.
    Layout seems to be about the way a preset set of things are displayed.
    I want to get elements from various pages and put them onto one page.

I have a feeling that if I knew more about php and web programming these would be trivial questions, but I have done a php tutorial ( excellent one at php.net/tut.php) and looked hard at all the upper level directories but I am no wiser. In case it helps, I'm a C/UNIX programmer, which may be getting in the way!

I feel that what I really need to know is
    1 How zen organises the page flow / links, and how one can change this.
    2 How zen builds a page - clearly using php - and how one can program that process. I've found all the pages in catalog/includes/modules/pages, but I don't understand what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change page flow and construct hybrid page

At this point I want to have all of the details on one page, no register or signup or anything.
    If you only have 1 product and do not want a registration (manditory in Zen Cart) you may want to look for a different program. Zen Cart is a full e-commerce program and is very powerful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change page flow and construct hybrid page

I would be delighted to have a simpler program which did exactly what I needed. I have been looking for a suitable solution for some time, and I did not lightly engage in getting the hosting for zen cart and setting it up. If anyone knows of an appropriate open source solution I would be very grateful to hear a bout it.

Plugin Contributions

Default However, the question is excellent and really needs an answer.

Bearing in mind it wouldbe easier to just getting something ese. The question posed is excellent. The need to integate zencart into a website is a key selling point. A truly powerful product should be able to do this if nothing else. The question , how do i chage page flow or insert a page mut have an answer if you are to use the word powerful in describing this product. Please does anyone have an answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by triplemaya View Post
    I would be delighted to have a simpler program which did exactly what I needed. I have been looking for a suitable solution for some time, and I did not lightly engage in getting the hosting for zen cart and setting it up. If anyone knows of an appropriate open source solution I would be very grateful to hear a bout it.