Plugin Contributions

Default admin panel in english + customer access in a foreign language

Hello,

I installed zc v 1.5 with English only. Now I want to add a foreign language, but only for customers. (I prefer admin panel in English).

I found zc v 1.5 in the foreign language in question (however the version has no English folders at all). Is it enough to copy non-English language folder and non-english.php file into /includes/languages/ folder?

I think that admin/includes/languages/ folder is responsible for admin panel language - I want to keep it English, so I will not upload non-English files there and I should have the result I want. Could somebody confirm, please?

Thanks,
    Jack

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin panel in english + customer access in a foreign language

A custom language module - if properly written and compiled - and if compatible with ZC1.5, should not affect the default ENGLISH installation.

And most language modules will offer the ADMIN person the choice of viewing admin in English, or the other language(s).

Again... the question is whether your additional language is 1.5 compatible. If its authors assure you that it is, then install it on a TEST site and see if it offers the behaviour you desire.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin panel in english + customer access in a foreign language

OK, thanks fairestcape,

I understood I can do what I described in my first post. So I did. Initially everything worked perfectly:

1. I uploaded Polish directory & php file to includes/languages folder (on test site). I left English language folder and php.

2. I changed language in Admin/Localisation/Languages - I got even a little Polish flag flying.

3. I checked my test site (herbonet.pl) and the language of the ZenCart shop was Polish. Yay!

4. Now I have a problem: I CANNOT log into admin - I think this must be a consequence of language update/change (I do not remember if I logged off and never returned as admin until today, this might have been the case). The message is: 'Remote server or file not found. Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.' Tried with 4 different browsers, cleared cookies and cache. Nil effect.

5. I browsed Zen forum and found advice to check myDEBUG-adm log. And this is what I found in the log:

[26-Jun-2012 15:21:42] PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/polish.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/renata/public_html/herbonet.pl/xadminx/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php on line 35

[26-Jun-2012 15:21:42] PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/polish.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/renata/public_html/herbonet.pl/xadminx/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php on line 35

[26-Jun-2012 15:21:42] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/polish.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/renata/public_html/herbonet.pl/xadminx/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php on line 35

6. I checked init_languages.php file, but I am not a programmer and it's all Greek to me; besides this file ends with line 31.

My ZenCart is v1.50. The folder with Polish language was also from v1.50. xadminx is not the real name of my admin folder.

Any help would be highly appreciated. If any more information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jack