I have created an EZ page but the url is kinda strange. It is reading:

index.php?main_page=page&id=9&chapter=0

I would like it to read:

index.php?main_page=about

How and where do I change the URL?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to Rename EZ Page URL

OK from further reading I am getting the impression that the way the URL looks is as a result of using the EZPages. I would really like my About page to include "about" in the URL as Google includes the words in the URL when it is calculating key word density. There is an contribution for an About Us page. I have seen other Zen Cart sites that show "MainPage=XXX" for added on pages. Are these people using this contribution and just modifying it for each page needed? Can the EZPages URL be modified?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

OK, hopefully someone will come along and help me before I get into too much trouble on my own! :)

I found the following post:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24069

That talks about renaming Page_2. So I went that route, first I tried just changing Page_2 content to my About Us content. Everything worked out well except for that darn URL still saying page 2. I had gotten the breadcrumb links changed and the content but the URL stayed the same. So I tried the method described in the link above.

Now when I click on my link it goes to the main page so something must be wrong.

the information from that post is below and what I did is in captial letters. Can someone let me know if I did this right? Thanks

"if you care about the url

you need to change includes/filenames.php
    find define('PAGE_2', 'page_2'); and change the lower case page_2 to what ever you want to name it - I CREATED AN OVER-RIDE FOLDER, COPIED FILENAMES.PHP TO THAT AND MODIFIED THAT FILE.

now find includes/languages/english/page_2.php and rename it. ( changing the text inside as well - AGAIN, COPIED THE PAGE_2.PHP FILE TO MY OVER-RIDE FOLDER, RENAMED IT AND CHANGED THE TEXT INSIDE FOR THE NAVIGATION AND BREADCRUMB LINKS.

now go to includes/languages/english/html_includes/page_2.php and rename it. - I DID NOT FIND THIS FILE HERE - COULD ONLY SEE "DEFINE_PAGE2.PHP. I JUST CHANGED THIS FILE NAME IN MY OVER-RIDE DIRECTORY.

now go to includes/modules/pages/page_2 and change the name of the folder to what ever your new name is. - I CHANGED THE NAME OF THIS FOLDER DIRECTLY - I DID NOT CREATE AN OVER-RIDE FOLDER. SHOULD I HAVE ADDED AND OVER-RIDE FOLDER WITH THE RENAMED FOLDER INSIDE THAT? THERE IS A HEADER_PHP FILE IN THERE THAT I DID NOT CHANGE.

now go to includes/templates/your_templat/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php and change the name to tpl_your new name_default.php - DONE"

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

I figured it out! Instead of creating an over-ride directory for the filenames.php I had to change filenames.php file itself. The URL now says "main_page=about_us".

I can't get the name to change in the define pages editor and interestly any changes I make there do not reflect in my About Us Page. I had copied and pasted the content of my About Us Page to my HTML_Includes Over-ride Directory manually. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. I did see that early on in my search. I will likely use that for future tasks I'm sure. I did discover my problem. When I created my about_us.php in my override directory in html_includes I didn't realize I needed to duplicate the same file in the non-over-ride html_includes directory. Now my About Us shows in the Define Pages Editor and I can also make changes there.

Just out of curiosity - will the contribution you've linked to show the page name in the URL?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mlm2005
    Just out of curiosity - will the contribution you've linked to show the page name in the URL?
    yes :)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. I downloaded and will take a look later. This is one case where if I would have procrastinated until today I would have saved time by doing it the right way! LOL! I'm still glad I had a chance to tinker a bit though because it did help me understand things a little more.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: How to Rename EZ Page URL

hi, i have the site g u c c i - s h o e s . b i z
    and i want to use ezpage for define page 1
    so any solutions?
    i disable customer service sidebox!
    many thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default URL Rewriting some ez pages and other pages

Hi, I currently have SEO URL MOD on the site. For months I have tried to add a rewrite rule in the .htaccess file but with no success.

I am trying to rewrite my URL for the blog to something more like gift-basket-blog.html rather than http://www.ribbonsbaskets.com/?main_page=wordpress

I used mod rewrite generators online but none of them seemed to work. I have my Blog installed in a sub-directory and have tried to edit the .htaccess in that sub-directory "Blog" with no success. I have also tried code from various rewrite generators online but with no success.

Any help figuring out why my rewrite rules I create dont work would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast