Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Order Placed but no record of it found in Cart!! PayPal CHARSET

I have set up two email accounts to get order confirmations...

The customer tried making an order but could not log into Paypal as there was a problem with the encoding... Here is the thread <http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42865>

Anyway, the problem was fixed and I emailed the customer to try again, which he did. PayPal sent a confirmation Email but the store did not.

I wonder if this is because when he logged in the second time, his data was there from the previous time and the store did not recognize it or something...

As we have no idea as to what he ordered, we are going to have to contact him directly...

Could this be a bug or was it just because of the PayPal encoding problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Placed but no record of it found in Cart!!

If these orders are related to what was happening at the time of the initial encoding problem, then I'd blame that problem.

Or are you saying that these orders are not getting completed "after" fixing the encoding problem?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Placed but no record of it found in Cart!! PayPal CHARSET

Hello again...

The store has had one subsequent order since that order and it went through fine, appropriate emails were sent and received to the right people...

So I guess we should blame the initial problem (encoding) on the error...

If it should happen again, I will let you know!

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Well, it looks like this problem is not solved!

Earlier today we received notification of a purchase from PayPal, but no record of the sale in the Store Admin...

So we did some testing and I placed two orders, one from the English side and one from the Japanese side... It worked fine, both PayPal and Purchase Notifications from the store were sent and in Admin, I could see the products purchased, and all the details...

However, just now we received another PayPal notice... but no records of the sale... The customer is register, that we know, but no purchase info... Nothing!

What can be going on?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're using the patch I posted, then edit the module in Zen Cart admin, and enable the Debug "Log" option.
    Then use FTP and make this folder read/write:
    /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs/

Then keep an eye on it for a record of all PayPal transaction activities.
    When you get a failed transaction, post the log for that transaction so I can inspect it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting back to me!

Could you please be a little more specific on what you mean by ‘edit the module.’

Within paypal_fixes are four different php files, so I am not sure which one to modify and for that matter how to modify. I take there will be some code titled debug option that I will adjust...

I am still new to such things...

Thanks..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry - more specifically...

Go to Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal ... click on Edit
    At the bottom of the list is a debug option. Choose "Log" (not log+email)

Has nothing to do with editing any files.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks... Done.. Will keep you upto speed as required.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr. Byte!

Well, someone has finally made an order using PayPay be we received no notification and I looked in the log file and found it empty.

On reading your instructions, I now realize my PayPal Interface is not quite the same as what you mentioned... (I don’t know why I didn’t see this earlier...Ahhh...)

In the Payment section the title of the PayPal module is: PayPal IPN. After clicking on Edit at the bottom I see:

Debug Email Notifications
    Enable debug email notifications

Yes
    No

I had chosen Yes.

At the bottom I do not see any choice for what you had suggested in your earlier email, which was: Choose "Log" (not log+email)

Perhaps I have an older or incorrect module installed?

Anyway, I await your advice when you have the chance...

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Re: Order Placed but no record of it found in Cart!! PayPal CHARSET

I'm having the exact same problem. It seems to happen only some of the time, and I can't seem to find what is causing the problem.

The only payment I accept is PayPal IPN. I'm getting payment notifications from PayPal, but I don't have any record of the sale in the cart. I can see that the customer has registered an account, but it says they have zero orders.

I've been having to send these customer's gift certificates for the amount of the PayPal payment and having them resubmit their order. This is a big hassel to both myself and the customer. A way to fix this would be great.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast