Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

Hi,
    I'm glade to see this is being updated, and it seems to be working much better than the 0.95 version I was using.

I'm still having a strange problem with emails, and a Security Warning. I also had the Security Warning back in 2007
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=20

As for emails, the only one that is going out is the "Out Bid" email. I'm not getting the Winning Bid email at all.

Now for a little history. I installed version 0.95 and had a few problems but did get it working (pretty well).

When I installed version 0.99a I installed it over the old version. All seemed to go well. It's working with only the two problems I listed.

You only get the Security Warning if you login using the " Login to Bid" icon, but not the Store Login.

Since I am getting the "Out Bid" email I don't see why it's not sending the "Winning Bid" email.

So, I have two questions, should I use the "uninstall" sql to remove the new version, and then go into phpadmin and delete anything else left that would be from the old version. Then re-install the new version. I ask that because I didn't get a "Server Error" with the new install, but I did with the old version, and now I don't remember how I got around that.

Or, is there something I can do to fix my current install.

Thanks,
    Gary

P.S. I'm using zencart 1.38a

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    Hi,
    I'm glade to see this is being updated, and it seems to be working much better than the 0.95 version I was using.

I'm still having a strange problem with emails, and a Security Warning. I also had the Security Warning back in 2007
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=20

As for emails, the only one that is going out is the "Out Bid" email. I'm not getting the Winning Bid email at all.

Now for a little history. I installed version 0.95 and had a few problems but did get it working (pretty well).

When I installed version 0.99a I installed it over the old version. All seemed to go well. It's working with only the two problems I listed.

You only get the Security Warning if you login using the " Login to Bid" icon, but not the Store Login.

Since I am getting the "Out Bid" email I don't see why it's not sending the "Winning Bid" email.

So, I have two questions, should I use the "uninstall" sql to remove the new version, and then go into phpadmin and delete anything else left that would be from the old version. Then re-install the new version. I ask that because I didn't get a "Server Error" with the new install, but I did with the old version, and now I don't remember how I got around that.

Or, is there something I can do to fix my current install.

Thanks,
    Gary

P.S. I'm using zencart 1.38a
    The DB schema changed between .95 and .99. You need to read the readme. I think there is an update.sql file that will handle it, but the safest thing to to is uninstall and reinstall.

The .99a version is built on 1.3.8a + SQL patch per Dr. Byte,

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

I uninstalled the new version .99a. I still had the Product Type Auction in Product Types from the old version so I deleted it in phpadmin.

Sofar so good. I ran the "zen_auction.sql" (not the update).

Got this error:
    "1062 Duplicate entry 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL' for key 2"

I also tried to run the sql in phpadmin and got the same error. I checked the forum and found a post that said something was missing from one of the files, but would be added in .99a.
    I'll check that anyway.

Now I do have a new Product Type for Auctions, but I don't have a "Auction Manager" under Configuration.

I still have 3 auctions showing but I can't click on them, and can't delete in Admin.

And, the best part of all this is after going thru the sql install.

I got the two emails telling me I won the auctions.

I did a DB backup just before starting this so I should be able to get back to only getting the "outbid" emails, but I would like to fix the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Got this error:
    "1062 Duplicate entry 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL' for key 2"

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Gary
    Sorry no... I cannot explain why you are getting a duplicate index error on a table that should have been deleted when you ran the uninstall SQL.

I would look at the DB schema and see what it thinks it has. I would also do a test install of just 1.3.8a and 99a and see if that fails.

AHB

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Just to bring everyone up to date on this weird ongoing problem.

Again I ran the "uninstall sql" and it ran no errors.
    Then I restored the backup I had done just before making any of the changes yesterday.

Right after doing the restore I got the two Winning Emails. I went back into zencart admin > config, and "Auction Manager" was back. I expected that since it was there when I did the backup, but now there was a setting to active the CRON job, and that wasn't there when I started the backup. I changed the settings for the CRON to "1" and in 5 mins. I got the Winning Emails again.

I also noticed that when looking at the auction when I started the backup the button to login said "Login To Bid", and now it says, "Login To Place Bid".

I placed a couple of bids on a running auction and the emails telling the old bidder they had been "outbid" did go out.

Then I changed the auction end time and waited. About 30 mins. before the auction ended I placed another bid and got the email that I had been outbid. When the auction ended no email went out. I waited, and waited, still no email. I remembered the emails did go out before I set the CRON setting so I changed it back to "0", and the Winning Email was sent, but to me, and I wasn't the last or highest bidder. I had been outbid within 30 mins of the auction end. I logged into the store, but couldn't buy the auction, so the store knew I wasn't the winner. I logged in with the ID that had placed the winning bid and was able to complete the purchase.

I have an auction ending later today and I'll see if it sends the email to the correct bidder. I changed permissions on "CRON.PHP" to 755 this morning to see if that will help with the emails. I'll let you know

I'm still getting the Security Warning message if I login using the "Login To Place Bid" icon. I'll try using the login file from 1.3.7 to see if that stops the error, it did in version .95

All and all it's working better than it's ever worked before. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Just to bring everyone up to date on this weird ongoing problem.

Again I ran the "uninstall sql" and it ran no errors.
    Then I restored the backup I had done just before making any of the changes yesterday.

If you ran the uninstall why did you restore?

If you had 95 installed, there is no uninstall. I had to hand clean my install before upgrading to 98.

As for the mail, it works in two ways. If you installed the code in application_top and have cron set to 0, then ever time a page loads, any page that uses application_top, the auctions class runs and checks to see the status of any auctions. If you set cron to 1, then you need to set a cronjob to run as per the instructions. Access cron through your host cpanel and have it run cron.php to access the auction class. "php -f /YOUR STORE PATH/admin/cron.php >> /dev/null"

I like the first blank email, was the only way I could tell the bidding started.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I ran the uninstall sql successfully. Then when I try to reinstall I get an error saying duplicate entries.
    I ran the sql in phpmyadmin and get the following error. Even with this error the auctions function with the server error after the first bid. But I also do not have the auction manager in admin. Any ideas what is wrong with the sql?

Error
    SQL query:

SELECT *
    FROM Array
    WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", '', 'Show Model Number', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL', '1', 'Display Model Number on Product Info 0= off 1= on', last_insert_id( ) = "show_product_auction_info_model"
    ORDER BY '', 'Show Model Number', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL', '1', 'Display Model Number on Product Info 0= off 1= on', last_insert_id(
    LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY '' , 'Show Model Number' , 'SHOW_PRODUCT_AUCTION_INFO_MODEL' , '1' , 'D' at line 1

Plugin Contributions

I think you don't have "Auction Manager" because the sql didn't finish. That's what happened to me after running the uninstall sql and trying to run the sql. I got the error from my earlier post and no "Auction Manager".

Since I had version 0.95 installed and "Auction Manager" from that version was there when I did the restore I got "Auction Manager" back with the new CRON option which was not there after installing version .99a.

That should answer your question "davewest" why I did the restore. I was trying to get back to where the mod was working except for the emails. Now the only two problem I see left for me is Security Warning, and the Winner Email going to the right person.

I found a typo in the CRON and fixed that so I think it should run O.K. now. I'll try using the login file from zen version 1.37 to see if that fixes the Security Warning.

Gonewild, are you opening the sql file in notepad, or something else? I didn't get that error I got a 162 error. I was thinking maybe when you did your copy and paste you might have picked up an extra character or something like that.

Like I said earlier the only reason mine is working is because I had an older version already installed. The sql file for the new version has never finished for me but because the files for new version are on the server and the settings for Auction Manager were in the DB from the older version the new version seems to be working pretty well now.

With that in mind you could run the sql from an older version then install the files for the new version and try running the new sql file. I don't think the new sql file will finish but the older version sql may give you enough of what you need to get the new version running.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES...

Good luck.. let us know what happens

Gary

I'm going to setup a new zen install with no mod's and try to install.

Plugin Contributions

I opened the sql in notebook to copy it. I also ran it with the sql upload tool in admin and both give the same duplicate error problem.

You are corect the sql is not finishing. It only adds 2 tables....
    products_auctions and product_auction_extras.
    How many tables are supposed to be created?

I tried to run sql from several old versions 95, 96.... and they won't finsih either and only add the same two tables.

At some point I did have the Auction Manager (maybe from and old version as well) but after I uninstalled it disappeared. Now I can get the sql to complete.

Any other ideas? Could this be a php version conflict? My server is php5.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure I would have the same problem not being able to run the sql file if I had not backed up the DB before running the uninstall sql file.
    Checking phpadmin I only see two tables:
    Product_auction
    Product_auction_extra
    and there are settings in "configuration_group

I did a couple of screenshots, but I can't upload them because they are too big.

You can download them here:
    http://www.nascarlives.com/configuration_group.doc

http://www.nascarlives.com/configuration_group_1.doc

Hope this helps.

Gary

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast