two tables
    product_auction_extra
    products_auctions

inserted...
    product_types one key
    product_type_layout 17 keys
    configuration_group one key 'Auction Manager'
    configuration 6 keys

Most of which are used in version 98 and 99. If you don't remove them all, you'll get errors when running the install sql statements. When the sql errors, it stops reading the statements. you can re-paste the file and delete the one that error up to the beginning, then run it again. Keep running the statements after the error until it completes.

The error is due to the keys already existing, not due to miss formed sql statements or php5.

Once it's installed your find 'Auction Manager' under configuration, and convert type under tools with a new product type call product auction.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

I think I'm good to go! I'll know for sure in 8 hours when my test auction ends.

I only had to delete 2, or 3 entries in Product_Layout table but once I knew the sql would complete I ran the uninstall and I still had 1 "Auction Manager", and 1 Auction Product Type from the old install. I deleted those in the DB, and re-ran the install.

I know that I'm getting the "outbid" emails, and as long as the winner email goes out I should be O.K. for now.

Any ideas about why the Security Warning is popping up, and only when using the "Login To Place Bid" icon?

Thanks for your help.
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    Any ideas about why the Security Warning is popping up, and only when using the "Login To Place Bid" icon?
    Not having a problem with the login to bid button, but I'm still on my testing server without SSL.

in tpl_product_auction_info_display.php around line 158 is your button code. Should look like below.

Code:
       <td align="center" class="main"><?php if (!$_SESSION['customer_id']) {
           $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN, BUTTON_AUCTION_LOG_IN_ALT) . '</a>'; } ?></td>
    The above works, but to make use of ssl it should read and more then likly fix your problem it should look like below,

Code:
           $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN, BUTTON_AUCTION_LOG_IN_ALT) . '</a>'; } ?></td>
    Of coarse ssl should be the norm, but you could force it to use non-ssl by replacing 'SSL' with 'NONSSL'
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I am happy to report that the last 4 test Auctions sent out both the "Out Bid" , and the "Winner" emails to both test accounts.

Now, maybe I can get rid of some of the stuff crowding me out of my house.

Thanks, for ALL the help.
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Version 95 created:

two tables
    product_auction_extra
    products_auctions

inserted...
    product_types one key
    configuration 6 keys

Most of which are used in version 98 and 99. If you don't remove them all, you'll get errors when running the install sql statements. When the sql errors, it stops reading the statements. you can re-paste the file and delete the one that error up to the beginning, then run it again. Keep running the statements after the error until it completes.

The error is due to the keys already existing, not due to miss formed sql statements or php5.

Once it's installed your find 'Auction Manager' under configuration, and convert type under tools with a new product type call product auction.
    I tried deleting and pasting the sql as you described but it still did not work. Maybe I do not understand the method you described. can you explain it a little more?

How can I manually delete and clean up the inserted:
    product_types one key
    configuration 6 keys

I think I need to get it completely uninstalled so I can get the sql to run.

thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Not having a problem with the login to bid button, but I'm still on my testing server without SSL.

in tpl_product_auction_info_display.php around line 158 is your button code. Should look like below.

Code:
           $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN, BUTTON_AUCTION_LOG_IN_ALT) . '</a>'; } ?></td>
    The above works, but to make use of ssl it should read and more then likly fix your problem it should look like below,

Code:
           $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN, BUTTON_AUCTION_LOG_IN_ALT) . '</a>'; } ?></td>
    Of coarse ssl should be the norm, but you could force it to use non-ssl by replacing 'SSL' with 'NONSSL'
    I made the changes but it didn't stop the error message.

I wondering if anyone else is having this problem because I'm only getting it in FireFox. If I login using IE 6, or 7 I don't get the error message. But, with IE7 one of my test ID's can't login to the store, it will not recognize the password. With IE6 I don't get the error message and I can sign in with both test accounts without problems. I see the error msg in FireFox on XP, and 2000. So, maybe it's FireFox that has the problem?

BTW, what table are the current bids stored in? I looked for them in the two Auction tables, and didn't see them.

Thanks
    Gary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gonewild View Post
    I tried deleting and pasting the sql as you described but it still did not work. Maybe I do not understand the method you described. can you explain it a little more?

How can I manually delete and clean up the inserted:
    product_types one key
    configuration 6 keys

I think I need to get it completely uninstalled so I can get the sql to run.

thanks for your help!
    gonewild your error listed the same table I had trouble with and that was Product_type_layout, so start there. Go into phpadmin and in your store's DB on the left find Product_type_layout, and click on it. That will bring up that table on the right. Scroll down the right side looking for any setting for Auction and delete it. Delete them all. Then go to the next table mentioned and do the same. Once you've gone thru the whole list of tables run the install sql and it should run without giving you an error.

Gary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    gonewild your error listed the same table I had trouble with and that was Product_type_layout, so start there. Go into phpadmin and in your store's DB on the left find Product_type_layout, and click on it. That will bring up that table on the right. Scroll down the right side looking for any setting for Auction and delete it. Delete them all. Then go to the next table mentioned and do the same. Once you've gone thru the whole list of tables run the install sql and it should run without giving you an error.

Gary

Thanks, I found all the entries, deleted them and the sql ran correctly. Now I have the auction manager.

But I still have the problem with the Internal server error after the first bid is placed.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gonewild View Post
    Thanks, I found all the entries, deleted them and the sql ran correctly. Now I have the auction manager.

But I still have the problem with the Internal server error after the first bid is placed.
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Gonewild, here is a post from April last year I had the same Server error:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=16

This worked for me on version .95 on Zencart 1.3.7, and at the time it fixed the Security Warning also. I don't know if it's being caused by the same thing but you can give it a shot.

Back then this also fixed the Security Warning. I'm getting that warning again, but only with FireFox.

If you try it let me know if it works.

Gary

Plugin Contributions

I've just uploaded this mod to my site but get 404 errors when trying to add an auction item. SQL file was executed using the ZC SQL patch uploader. Auction settings in ZC admin and DB tables are all present. Any ideas and help will be appreciated.

ZC: v1.3.8
    Mods: Glacial Age template
    URL: www.nsabaits.com/nsabaits_shop/

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast