Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auction Product Type

Along with my previous post regarding installing "auction_product_type_1-2a with zen-cart 1.3.9h", I am planning on also including add-on "simple_in_stock_display_0-5", so that my fixed priced items only show "In Stock", and not the quantity amount of what's in stock.

The "simple_in_stock_display_0-5" file "includes/modules/Your_Template/product_listing.php":
    Code:
        $zc_col_count_description++;
        break;// Begin Edit(simple_in_stock_display_0-5)
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
            $lc_align = 'right';
            if (zen_get_products_stock($listing->fields['products_id'])>0) {
    		$lc_text = 'In Stock';  //  any at all (part of simple_in_stock_add_on)
    	}
            else {
    		$lc_text = 'Out of Stock';  // none at all (part of simple_in_stock_add_on)
    	}
    	break;// End Edit
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT;
    And in the same location "auction_product_type_1-2a" file "includes/modules/Your_Template/product_listing.php":
    :
    Code:
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;
        $lc_align = 'right';
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
    I'm still learning how to write code, so any help, if what I am about to ask is possible, would be greatly appreciated.

If it's possible to just show "In Stock" for the fixed price items I will be selling, and show the actual quantity of the items I will be auctioning, with an "if" statement, would someone be able to help me? How would I write it, and where exactly would I put it?

Thanks in advance! I hope it's possible with an "if" or some other coding.
    Last edited by Joseph_Greely; 28 Jan 2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: error
    Joseph Greely - Happy to be Zenning
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=325

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Greely View Post
    1. Missing in the download file: "includes/modules/pages/product_auction_info/main_template_varsattributes.php".
    That file was removed some time back to clean it up for php5.3... I did a quick update prier to 1.2a when it was removed, wasn't part of this update is why it was left off.

2. File named "includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/hdg.gif" in the "File Structure Information", is named "hbg.gif" in the download.
    yap... a type-o hbg.gif is the file or anything you like it to be... was a fix to prevent double hitting the bid button.

"simple_in_stock_display_0-5", so that my fixed priced items only show "In Stock", and not the quantity amount of what's in stock.
    Not sure on that one... Zen does a nice job with stock. Zero quantity 'shows out of stock', one or more shows the add button or more info depending on how you have your settings.

If it's possible to just show "In Stock" for the fixed price items I will be selling, and show the actual quantity of the items I will be auctioning, with an "if" statement, would someone be able to help me? How would I write it, and where exactly would I put it?
    anything possible... you would do a quick test of the database to get the product type_id for auctions, then you could do a if statement to check for the auction type_id. The code is some posts back... just use the $typeID in a if statement...
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply dave, I do appreciate it. I thought it would be something simple like that, or there would have been a sooner post after the release. I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks much!
    Joseph Greely - Happy to be Zenning
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=325

Plugin Contributions

I just had a major problem. My auction ends in 7AM but an email was sent to all of my bidders telling them the auction was over. A winning email was also sent to a bidder telling them they won!

What would cause this mod to email everybody 5 hours early?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swamyg1 View Post
    I just had a major problem. My auction ends in 7AM but an email was sent to all of my bidders telling them the auction was over. A winning email was also sent to a bidder telling them they won!

What would cause this mod to email everybody 5 hours early?
    still some things to work on.... time is one.... the auction is based on the server time. Like me I'm -8 hours behind UTM, my server is -6 hours behind UTM which will close my auctions a day early compared to where I'm at.... does the same for my shop order records. Something I'm still working on is a date and time class to base the auctions on.... oust side of server time, haven't had any other problems.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

I have one cart using this mod, running 1.3.8A, with all the manual updates.

I had version 99A installed, and it worked fine for over a year, with a few minor bugs such as when using browser fwd and back buttons, bids would sometimes increase if a bid had been placed.

But it worked.

Now, I checked out a long-expired auction page, and the page kept reloading, without actually showing the product info or images, it would just reload over and over again. That auction was ended.

I noticed the new version, and so I chose the highest one for 1.3.8A, Version 1-0a of the Auctions Module.

I removed the old tables from the DB and executed the SQL statements in ZC. I set up an auction...

But even with this new version, the same thing is happening.
    The page keeps reloading incessantly. When it (rarely) stops,
    it shows the bottom buttons, as well as the footer, but the product image and description are completely missing.

BUT usually what happens is the left column loads, the header images store logo loads, but starting with the breadcrumbs, and ending
    with the login to place bid buttons, that whole section keeps refreshing, without ONCE displaying the product description or image. (The product title does display) as does this :

Auction ends on 12-12-2011 00:00:00
    314 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes, 51 seconds
    - 0 Bids
    Starting Bid! $5.00

I HAD the cron function on, with the older install. I disabled it with this one, and the same thing is still happening.

As it HAD been working, I'm guessing some other module may be responsible. I did add the SEO URLS in the time between last checking an auction page, and this new issue.

I tried setting 'Enable SEO URLs' to false, to see if that would
    help but the auction page still keeps refreshing....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Donn; 31 Jan 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone (my first post ),

I've done a couple of searches, but can't seem to find the answer to my problem. I'm probably missing something obvious, so I'll appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

I am running ZC v1.39h (with Comstock template), and have just installed Product Type Auction v1.2a. The whole process went surprisingly painlessly (well, I wasn't quite sure what to expect!).

Anyway, my problem now is that my log files have this single entry:

[01-Feb-2011 03:23:39] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class productAuction in /includes/classes/class.productauction.php on line 17

New files clogging up my cache directory, as the error occurs every time the cron job runs, which is every 5 minutes.

Everything seems to work as expected, and I have a test auction going on, no obvious problems. But the error condition persists.

I have used the Developer Tools utility in admin to search all the files, and the only occurrence of "productAuction" outside of the templates is the two files attached. There are no duplicates that I can find.

Any help sincerely appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by infosolprovider View Post
    [01-Feb-2011 03:23:39] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class productAuction in /includes/classes/class.productauction.php on line 17

New files clogging up my cache directory, as the error occurs every time the cron job runs, which is every 5 minutes.
    The auction is checked for time by default with each page load or by setting a cron job... I just turned it on and didn't get the error... if you had an older version installed it used a edit to application_top.php, if that's still there then you would get a redeclare error.

In trying to stay up on the changing Zen Cart, I've been getting rid of the core edits such as application_top. The config.auction.php file takes the place of editing application_top. Try turning off the cron job or checking application_top..
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    The auction is checked for time by default with each page load or by setting a cron job... I just turned it on and didn't get the error... if you had an older version installed it used a edit to application_top.php, if that's still there then you would get a redeclare error.

In trying to stay up on the changing Zen Cart, I've been getting rid of the core edits such as application_top. The config.auction.php file takes the place of editing application_top. Try turning off the cron job or checking application_top..
    Hi @davewest,

Thanks very much for looking into this. It's definitely a strange one, as my install of APT is a clean, brand new one of v1.2a. I checked application_top.php just to be sure, and it's fine, nothing in there as far as I can see.

Turning off the cron job solves the problem, but I'm worried that there may be a performance hit on the shop overall, as a result? (That's what I understand from the cron setting in Auction Manager).

I suspect there's something obvious that I'm missing....

Plugin Contributions

HI
    Dear
    i use 1.39h zencart
    I meet a problem
    i can only recieve the outbid email

clients can't recieve the winner or other emails

But when some person register my site
    they can receive the welcome email

if it is my server email's problem
    Why can i still receive the outbid and welcome email??

can anyone help?

i really need some help,please!
    Last edited by dxhye; 14 Feb 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast