Plugin Contributions

How to change page <title>?

This may be a question that has been asked before, but I cannot find the answer to it, searching here doesn't turn up an answer, nor is it answered in the wiki docs, so I decided to ask it because I can't find the answer nor any hint of an answer.

The default title is Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce which I would like to change, but I can't figure out where. It doesn't seem to appear as a place in the Admin options, and does not appear when looked up via the Developers Tool Kit.

I'm sure it's something really simple, but I can't find it.

Thanks for your help.
    The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change page <title>?

Simply searching on "The Art of E-commerce" will yield 121 discussions on the subject. "Page title" reaps 250 such items. Did you enter the text in your search?

Granted, not all are spot on to what you are looking for but they may get you close. The Art of E-commerce is not a page title. It is used in the header as alt text for the logo and is the tagline that appears in the top of your browser and footer of the site.

Sometimes we have a tendency to search using terms other than what we're looking at on the page.

Also, don't pass up the opportunity to enter the words in the Developer's Toolkit in the admin control panel under tools. In this case, it's your best bet to get to what I @$$UME you want to do.

Not jumping down your throat. Just pointing you and others that read the post in the right direction for finding an answer. In a standard shop, this is defined in no less than seven places.

Plugin Contributions

The default title is Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce which I would like to change, but I can't figure out where. It doesn't seem to appear as a place in the Admin options, and does not appear when looked up via the Developers Tool Kit.
    You are correct the full string "Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce" yields "0" hits in the admin > dev tools...this is due to the fact that this is pieced from other files and/or does not appear as this string in full...

"Zen Cart!" or "The Art of E-commerce" will get results...

A point that you would not have known BTW...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Probably also worth pointing out this thread, in case you are struggling to change the title in admin...

Plugin Contributions

I know this is an old thread, but it's funny that this thread is the first result in Google when searching for

zen cart the art of e-commerce title

Plugin Contributions

I have looked at the FAQS and followed your suggestions re the developer's toolkit but the string "Zen Cart!" is not present in my metatag.php file, and it has been remmed out of the english.php file which are the two locations the dev kit tells me to look. Where and how else might I find the page title to edit please?

Plugin Contributions

OK - now I feel properly stupid - I got the wrong metatag file. BTW, it would be nice for future versions if there weren't files with the same name in different folders - very confusing. And, could all the overrides go in one directory?