Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
I disagree. If someone is browsing your products and wants to go back to the storefront, you're sending them back to the main page of the site which is not what the customer wanted.
Can be true if the storefront is under the root of the website. By nature of what users have determined the "home page" of a website to be (defined widely by users as the page one comes to first when visiting a site ... i.e. the "root") taking a user to the storefront home page (if running in a directly other than the root) rather than the actual site's home page can really be confusing and will almost certainly decrease conversion.

If you want to direct a user to the store front "home page" and it is under a directly other than the root, then I would suggest re-wording the TEXT of the hyperlink (that which the user sees visually) to something other than "Home".

A better term to indicate where the user would be taken in that case would be something like "Storefront"; "Category Listing"; or something like that. These are just examples, but the word "Home" has proven to be defined as the page under the root (index). If your store is not installed in the root, then you will see greater success by using hyperlink text that is relevant to where the user will be taken.

Relevancy is the key here.