Plugin Contributions

Custom Language Selector Button ???

I am building a store with 2 languages, and I have turned of the language selector sidebox, because I want to have just a text link in the Navigation Header that would take me to the other language.

Note that if you are using language 1, you will see only one text link that takes you 2 language to and vise versa.

so I have added one <td width="10%"> </td> statment in tpl_header.php that would hold the text link to take you to english language.

I have 2 custom tpl_header.php for each language tempalte.

PHP Code:
    <td width="10%" align="left" class="language_box"><a href="http://mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=index&language=en">English</a>
    </
    td
    this is working ok, but this will always take me to the main page of the English store

I need to edit the href code to take me to the equivalent page of the English language.

Yabora

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom Language Selector Button ???

The reason it always takes the user to the main page is because you have set a fixed (static) URL to the index page. (<snip> main_page=index <snip>).

A while back I worked on language navigation for the header. Here's the link to the archived thread: Archived : Lang Flags In Nav Bar

That will handle page navigation together with language selection dynamically. It is based off of the languages sidebox and modified for header use. There may be some tweaks necessary for ZC v.1.3.x since it was created in ZC v1.2.x

I recommend you try to implement that solution, and once it is working satisfactorily, then you can tweak it further to display only the alternate language vs all available.