Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Basic Ecommerce functionality missing!? Am I wrong???

I am thinking of adding a mod to my new site that will accomplish this. I personally think that what you describe should be a mod and not part of the core program.
    Rich People scream, Wealthy people whisper

www.cooltechcentral.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ctcentralinfo
    I am thinking of adding a mod to my new site that will accomplish this. I personally think that what you describe should be a mod and not part of the core program.
    Mod, core hack, whatever does the job will work for me!
    I was just surprised to see that zencart did not include this function, as I think this kind of tool should be included in any ecommerce solution by default.

This mod you speak of... Does it exist already or do you plan to create it yourself?

Plugin Contributions

It is on the list of things to do ... just has not been the most pressing issue ...

Thanks for the suggestions ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Basic Ecommerce functionality missing!? Am I wrong???

I'm also looking for a way to make specials stand out more in the crowd.

I would prefer to add an overlaying (language-specific) image to the product images if a product is flagged as a special. I am aware of the fact that it would require editing the code in a number of files and possibly some headache modifying the css file to position the specials-image(s) on the product image(s) but still.

Am I mistaken in assuming that the actual code additions itself to realize this could be fairly modest?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davale View Post
    I'm also looking for a way to make specials stand out more in the crowd.

I would prefer to add an overlaying (language-specific) image to the product images if a product is flagged as a special. I am aware of the fact that it would require editing the code in a number of files and possibly some headache modifying the css file to position the specials-image(s) on the product image(s) but still.

Am I mistaken in assuming that the actual code additions itself to realize this could be fairly modest?
    The actual programming is probably fairly easy. I'm thinking i might actually be doable without touching the core files.... Maybe do an if-call out of a template file... I haven't really had any time to mess with this, the client I was working with is happy nonetheless, but I still want to achieve this anyway.
    My recent work with an oscommerce site for a client has made me relaize exactly how powerful Zencart really is. Every single hack or mod I made on that osc site was to achieve e-commerce functionality already built in to the zencart system :-)))

I'm hoping to get to work more with the zencart system in the future, and I actually like the system so much(or should I saty realize its potential) that I am hoping to set up an official support site for Sweden in the near future. I think it will encourage people to create more country-specific contributions, and the lack of contribs for Swedish payment solutions and things like that is one of the major issues stopping the ZC system from reaching "osc-status" over here(every company working with payment solutions has contribs for oscommerce, only very few has them for Zen-cart), which is a darn shame.

Plugin Contributions

Torgil -

We will be looking forward to having an official Swedish Support site join the ranks. There is more information here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=11
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe a bit simplistic, but instead of spending hours on trying to enter flags into a system that has everything else would it not be easier for people who are obviously capable of manipulating images to include a flag in say the top corner of the product image?

I know it is not ideal, but it would work and I'll bet you the man-hours at the end of the day are not nearly as high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12